Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 05, 2012

On the Sunny Side of the Street...

OK, so it's not truly sunny...at least not relationship-wise, not quite yet.

There's still hurt and betrayal to get through, BUT, BB and I are both committed to this - we discussed that, and had a great conversation about all that had occurred - why it occurred, how we were committed to NOT allowing it to happen again.

You always hear the term "grace in action" or "living the Church"...those kinds of things.  I just never expected I'd be living it in the middle of my own marriage.  With my husband.

It's just nice to know that we're coming from the same place emotionally and ethically...value-wise, morally...does that make sense?

We're just both coming from a place of having been forgiven - having been washed and justified, being sanctified day by day...and so it's a little easier to say that we'll forgive each other, that we'll extend grace...knowing that we're both committed to changing our bad habits (that's such an understatement)...

I don't know if you'll get this, but it's just refreshing knowing that he and I are on the same page about how to forgive, that we need to forgive...it's nice to know that we can and will get through this together.

It's hard sometimes to remember that he just wants to fix things that are bothering me.  And I want to be able to know what he's feeling...the age-old things...

Anyway, we're moving into this season of healing, working together, committed to being there for each other, for our kids, for our marriage, for our future...

No comments: