Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 17, 2012

Foot-In-Mouth-Disease...I've Got It Bad!

This morning, I had planned to hang out at home for the hour after BB and Captain left for work and school respectively doing productive things like cleaning up my kitchen, folding some laundry that had been left to air dry, and then taking Princess to school, running an errand, and then going for my hair appointment (as soon as I can get some AWESOME pictures posted, I will), picking up the big kids from school, and having lunch with a friend.

Normally, during that time between BB and Capt leaving and my day really getting going, I log in, check FB, emails, do some administrative stuff around the house (that sounds so much better than housework, or chores!), and then have another cup of coffee, spend time with the girls and the like.

BB started out the school year calling me to let me know how dropping Capt off for Kindergarten had gone (silly I know, but he's still my precious, miraculous little man!)...and we've just kept the tradition going.  He drops him off, and calls me to let me know they made it, and we chat for the 5 minutes or so it takes him to get out of the parking lot at school and to his office.

This morning, he called and we chatted, and at the end of the conversation he said "Oh, by the way, I forgot my bag - can you bring it to me before you get going with your day?"  Not really an issue in the grand scheme of things, other than the fact that his office is the opposite direction from everything else I needed to do today...

Regardless, I got the girls ready for public appearances, loaded them into the truck, and we drove the 7 miles to BB's office, gave him his laptop, and I drove the 11 miles back uptown to take Princess to school.  I got her settled, chatted with a friend in the parking lot, and headed to Fivebucks for an overpriced blended Chai Cream Frappa-whatcha-ma-call-it.  Littlest One got a hot chocolate.  After that, we headed to my salon, where I was indulged in a lovely scalp massage and some AWESOME red streaks in my hair...I got the kids, met my friend for lunch, zipped home to get a part for our sprinkler system that I'd forgotten in my haste to get out of the house this morning, emailed some lousy self-portraits to my good friend from elementary school, and dashed out the door to pick up said replacement part, and some seedlings for my garden.

I had a lovely text message conversation with said friend, only a tiny bit surprised that they weren't uber-chatty today - but they run sales items on Thursdays in a different office, and are usually buys.  No worries...

I got home, got the kiddos settled for their naps, and quickly hopped online to send out a few more self-portraits...I know, I'm vain - sue me...and saw my friend's wife's post about her mother-in-law dying this morning.

SO...needless to say, I felt like an utter and complete ass...

She had cancer, and had been sick for awhile, which I knew...but still...it made me feel like a jerk, selfish, self-centered, insensitive...

Please be praying for my dear friend G and his family through this tough tough time...

No comments: