Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 17, 2011

Please Let Me Gush

This morning I woke up at 5am, on the dot, with no alarm.

It wasn't one of those groggy, roll over and stare at the clock hoping to make it hours earlier wakings. It was the "holy cow I felt like I slept for a week" wide-awake, bursting with energy sort of wakings.

It was HEAVENLY! I am, apparently, the founder and president of the "Fake it til you Make It" club, hauling myself out of bed in the wee small hours to get myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually ready to face the day and care for my family. Some days are tougher than others, and I admit that grudgingly. I'd rather not have to face my weaknesses, the tired muscles, the worn out mind, the worn thin patience, the stubbornness of not wanting to lean on my God...I'd rather be Superman, with no Kryptonite in existence.

So when my eyes popped open, and I looked at the clock, I was thrilled! It's been months since I felt this way that early in the morning, if at all during the day...

I decided to capitalize on it. I put on my workout clothes, tiptoed out of the bedroom and popped in a DVD and did a work out. I finished, felt awesome, made a pot of coffee, did some basic tidying around the house, folded a load of laundry I'd left last night, swept my hardwood floors, put away a ton of things that have been sitting around in hopes that someone else would get the unspoken message to put their things away...

And then I tiptoed back into the bedroom, showered, got dressed, did my hair, put on my makeup, and looked at the clock. It was 6:15. Seriously. I had done more in 75 minutes in the still dark than I have done all day for the last 3 weeks...

And after I woke the kids up to get them going for school today, I came down, made breakfast (real breakfast, not pop the frozen waffles in the toaster or the bowl of instant oatmeal in the microwave kind), and got to sit down and enjoy a meal with my family, while it was still hot.

I took Princess to school, ran to the bank, left a stack of business cards for MK with my teller, came home, and started a load of laundry, made pumpkin muffins, and had a second cup of coffee.

I feel great!

I've been singing and humming to myself all morning, and am just feeling so thankful and blessed...

And this afternoon, we're attending a Thanksgiving Feast at Princess' preschool, then coming home, where I'll finish the laundry, finish the cleaning of the 1st and 2nd floors while the kids nap.

Tomorrow, BB and my Dad are attending a Wood Working show that lasts all weekend. They'llb be leaving around 11am, and won't get home til after dinner. They'll head back at 8am on Saturday, be gone all day, and then go down around 9 on Sunday and be gone til mid-afternoon.

As odd as it sounds to say it out loud, I am looking forward to a weekend at home with just the kids and I.

It will give us a chance to just hang out and recharge.

I intend to get the whole house sparkling clean, all the laundry and ironing done - have the house in readiness for hosting Thanksgiving dinner next week, so that leading up to that day, I can pull out my Christmas decorations, get things cleaned off, organized, and ready to be put out on Friday, the 25th.

There will be no Black Friday shopping in this family, because I am DONE with Christmas shopping. All items are purchased for the kids and BB, and I'll spend the next weeks wrapping and placing things under our tree, which will be up, lit and decorated before lunch next Friday.

I just have to select which items will be brought with us to stuff stockings for the kiddos at MIL and FIL's house, and which will be left behind to be gifted upon our return.

I am SO looking forward to this season.

PS - I found the CUTEST pre-made Advent calendar at Target of all places. Granted, it is a Gingerbread house, and the date marker is a candy cane, but you know what? I love it!

I get to personalize and customize it with things that are appropriate for my 3 little kids.

I'm taking our calendar with us, and next year, when we're in Colorado for Christmas, we'll have an Advent Wreath as well as our calendar.

I love this season, and am ever so much happier when I'm not stressing about shopping or baking, and when I don't get caught up in the consumerist viewpoint of how many gifts and what price are sitting under our tree.

I love it, I love it, I love it! And it wouldn't be possible if I hadn't been budgeting and planning and preparing for the last 11 months, since LAST Christmas.

Yup, I'm that lady.

No comments: