- "Mommy Date" - met with some good friends at our Chik-fil-A and enjoyed some grown-up conversation with someone that wasn't related to me as well as some tasty coffee and pretty darn good hash browns.
- Double coupons. I know, I know, seriously, right? But our grocery store was doing double coupons up to $1 and triple up to $0.75 yesterday, unbeknown to me, so my long list of things to purchase was made much more delightful - I not only scored some great deals on items, I had a coupon for every loving thing in my basket, 90% of the were on sale with my store card...so I was prepared for a large-ish total, but the checker was like "OH! You saved $127! I've never seen anyone do that before!" I felt like a celebrity rather than a freak for doling out coupons and checking prices against my list!
- Gas discount. Yup! I hit that magical barrier on my store card yesterday and have now racked up 3 discounts...I'm only hoping that we can find fueling stations at that grocery along the way for our trip to CA this summer and use them for something fun!
- Littlest One slept long and hard Sunday night, making a happy baby.
- Homemade pizza. I love my breadmaker. I made dough in it, and then used my awesome new oven to bake some pretty darn tasty pizza for way cheaper than it would be to just order in. PLUS - I actually knew that each piece would have enough meat and cheese to provide protein, and there was just the right amount of sauce....almost as good as a slice of pie from NYC...
March 22, 2011
Grace in Small Things 03-21-2011
Monday, Monday...so good to me...