- Vicodin. Don't laugh - BB had some gum grafts done Monday and was in serious pain, not wanting to take the medication because he thought he could just "man through it". I convinced him around 7pm or so to take it and he proceeded to sleep from 8pm until 9am.
- Financial Peace University and Dave Ramsey. If you haven't checked him out, he's pretty amazing. Self-made millionaire that lost it all. More than once. Finally figured out a pretty fool-proof system. And then shared it with the world. Thanks to him, BB's $800 surgery was paid for in cash. At the time of the work. He said the receptionist about fell out of her little chair in shock at that much cash.
- Estimates that are over what the actual service costs. Thanks to their "conservative, worst-case scenario" policy, we actually have $200 in our medical fund for any other medical things - co-pays, prescriptions...heck, I might even sweet-talk BB out of $60 for a massage...hmmmmm
- Being an at-home, full-time parent only. I know it's easy to get bogged down in the trivialities some days, but I am indeed grateful to be at-home. BB and I would have NO vacation time if I was working, because one or more of the kids has been sick since December 28. Seriously.
- Darn good medical insurance through BB's company for relatively inexpensive...without it, we'd not only be out of vacation days, but I'd be working a 2nd job somewhere to pay our bills. YIKES! :D
March 16, 2011
Grace in Small Things 03-15-2011
Been awhile, but here you go...we've had a rough week so far at our house (more in another post), which makes me so grateful to Mrs. X for inspiring me (and being inspired herself) to focus on 5 positive things in my life each day. I may not post them every day, but I am keeping an actual written Grace journal to help keep me focused on the truly important things.