Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 15, 2010

T-Minus 1 Days

Tomorrow at this time, we'll be checked into our flight, heading off to the security lines at the airport.

I'm feeling pretty good. It is 10:00am local time and I'm sitting down taking a break. The floors and bathrooms are clean. The kids' beds have clean bedding, the towels are fresh. The kids' clothes are all picked out and ready to be put into a suitcase. BB and my clothes are ready to be put into a suitcase. Toiletries are pulled out and ready to be put into the suitcase. The cat boxes are full of fresh litter, their food bin is full, their special water dish is clean and full. The plants are watered. The mail, paper and milk deliveries are stopped.

I've got the 4th load of laundry in the machine, 2 already folded and put away.

I don't have to leave for an hour to pick up Capt and Princess of Everything from school. Littlest One is napping in her swing, for what will most likely be the last time. She's 8 months old today. The time has really flown. I'm sort of glad that she's holding off on the getting herself back into a sitting position and pulling her knees up under her to get into that "pre-crawl" position and mood. She's such a happy little baby, her eyes always sparkle and she's got that little glint of "how can I make this more fun?" in her expression all the time. She'll be a handful.

I might even have time this afternoon while the kids nap to iron BB's work shirts and do some mending.

I'm off to grab the suitcases and get our things packed up. I'll be gathering up my carry-on items (a couple of magazines and my laptop) after lunch. The carry-on bag will be ready with my things, and BB will only have to put his in there.

I refuse to be up until midnight tonight running around like a crazy person trying to gather things up last minute.

I've made my lists, I've checked them over and over and over again.

We've got swim suits, vitamins, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, blades, soap, shampoo, conditioner, the multitude of barrettes, brushes, combs, and my cosmetics. I've got shirts, pants, socks, unmentionables, slippers...Pull-ups for the kids...I absolutely cannot think of any other things that we need. MIL has pillows, bedding, towels, and full-size containers of the basic toiletries...

The fridge is just about empty, but for items to make lunch for today, breakfast tomorrow and pack a lunch for us to take tomorrow ont he plane.

My one major concern is the new security process at the airport. I'm just not so sure about either option of the full-body scan - my kids are little, what will that radiation do to them? BUT, how do you get a 4, 2 3/4, and 8 month old to understand that they need to be patted down and that a total stranger touching what we've worked so hard to instill as "private" is ok in this instance without causing any issues????

GAAAHHHH!!!

At any rate, please be praying for mild weather so we can play outside lots, a safe trip, and a blessed visit...this is always tough for me, being stuck at my in-laws without use of a vehicle (insurance on a rental is too expensive), and the threat of crazy rainstorms and cold wind that make it impossible for the kids to be out of doors, making them a little stir crazy, loud, and therefore annoying to their grandparents, who will be sitting on their computers or trying to watch Law & Order re-runs.

I'll be trying to check in periodically, but just in case - I wish you all a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: