Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 09, 2010

Motivation

Whew!

Yesterday was a good day for me...I got a lot accomplished in a rather short amount of time. Suffice it to say that the upper floor, where all the bedrooms are, is spotless -you know, that shiny clean feeling, where all the pieces of each room are free of dust, fingerprints, animal hair, toys, books, and strewn clothing? That kind of clean.

I'm taking a little break before making lunch to catch my breath. Literally. This infection that the kids had mostly in their sinuses and heads has settled rather nastily in my chest, making me sound, as BB puts it, like a trained seal. I'm rattly, hacky, sound rather as though I've got some gross disease. No homeopathic remedies are doing the trick, but I don't want to go to the doctor only to be told it's viral and that it'll go away on its own, treat the symptoms with OTC cough syrup or whatever. I have to be careful with what I take as I'm nursing and most medications that will treat my symptoms will indeed dry up any overactive mucus production, but will also dry up any milk production. I'm not going there. Not with it being the cusp of winter and sick season - I'll not do that to Littlest One, sorry...that, and I just don't want to have to by formula because I was sick...sigh...

As a result of this infection, I'm coughing a lot, and am a bit short of breath. I know, I know...go to the doctor...we'll see what tomorrow brings. I may give in and go on Friday when BB takes Capt to school and works from there. I don't want to be sick over the holiday, and we fly out on the 18th. Nothing like hacking your lungs up on the plane!

I've got a lot on my plate for the next 10 days...including getting our holiday decorations in order. That way, when we get home from our trip, I can simply do a quick dusting and vacuuming of the house, put away the normal things, and put up the Christmas things.

I'm excited for the season...can't wait to start decorating and baking and sharing and gifting.

Advent is special this year because Capt will really pay attention and ask questions that are relevant and not completely unrelated.

While the kiddos nap today I'll be busy repacking and labeling outgrown clothing, organizing the storage room so I can find things, and, if I have time, I'll be reorganizing my MK office to prepare for a Holiday Open House.

Toodles!

No comments: