Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 19, 2010

A Quick Note

I just wanted to let anyone concerned parties know that I have not dropped off the face of the planet, nor been struck with a massive EMP which might have taken out all electronic devices...

I've been a busy girl. I can't even remember how long it's been since I actually wrote a real-time post...my nice letter to Littlest One was written and scheduled sometime last week...so...

Let's see, what's been going on in my world?

Capt and DG had a good week at school, with a day off Friday for the end of the 1st quarter. Hard to believe it's been 8 weeks since they started (the non pre-school students started one week earlier than they did)!!! Captain LOVES handwriting and learning about the phonics of beginning consonants...I truly cannot wait until he starts truly reading and realizing that all the letters in the words make sounds, which combine to make the whole word!!!! DG is learning the fine art of cutting. Not my favorite skill, as I have yet to break down and buy a pair or 3 of safety scissors...they might not have sharp tips, but those blades can still cut through all sorts of things - sheets, hair, paper, shoelaces...I'm just sayin'...

Littlest One is beginning to practice the art of sitting unassisted and unsupported. She gets this cute little squishy face, mashing up her nose and then this look of delight lights up her face...and then she reaches for a toy and tips over in slow motion and gets this look of utter surprise and dismay on her face as she realizes that she's once again laying down...

BB is currently in New Mexico on a one-day business trip - literally, he flew out last night, and will be home sometime after supper tonight. Lousy...I'd actually rather have him gone for 3 or more days. Not because I like when he's gone, but at least we don't have this wacky break in our routines...sigh...

I'm working toward a kick-booty goal for my Biggest Loser Challenge group this week...and so far, so good.

I've worked out every day but Friday, torching calories, toning muscles I forgot that I had, conditioning my heart and lungs, and just generally feeling GOOD! I know it sounds so crazy and counterintuitive, but honestly? Since I've started working out every day, I have so much energy!

With that extra energy, I'm able to do so much more! The kids and I went for a long walk the other day. Of course, when I say walk, I mean that Capt and DG were in the double stroller and Littlest One was in the sling. SO...I walked like a crazy person the other day - it was like 80 degrees out and I walked for 8 miles. In less than 2 hours. Pushing a 10 pound stroller with 70 pounds of kid, carrying another 18 pounds. And that was without the weight of the beverages and snack for the kids!

I've cleaned out closets and swapped out summer clothes for winter clothes. I packed up and gave away all my maternity items but the unmentionables.

I'm stoked!

And now, Littlest One is yelling from her room, DG is watching PBSKids, and I need a potty break...so toodles for now!

I'll try to come back before another week passes!!!

No comments: