Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 01, 2010

Bringing New Meaning to "Hump Day"

PHEW!

It was a good day. Right up until the part I left the house to get the shopping done while having only one kid at home.

Capt and DG are both in their respective preschool classes on Wednesday mornings, and I am, therefore, left with Littlest One only.

I had grand plans. Oooohhhhh, did I have plans! However, what resulted was a mess of a day. The line at the bank, both in the lobby and in the drive-through were HIDEOUS - guess everybody and their brother wanted money for the long weekend, and so, were at the bank at the very moment I was there. My only other explanation is that it's like that scene in "The Truman Show" where they cue the traffic jam to keep Jim Carrey from leaving town in the car...

After 35 minutes at the bank, I headed to the grocery store, where they were actually OUT of the things that had been advertised in the paper this morning. I mean, I was there at 9:30. They don't allow their sale items to go until 6:00am...how can you possibly run out of something like chicken in 3 hours?!?!?!?!? I know it was a good price, but really? And so, I spent 90 minutes trying to navigate a store that was unfamiliar with me (trying to save money by shopping the store with the best deals for the majority of the items on my list), and ended up spending more money than I wanted. I should have just left and gone to my normal store, sale prices be hanged...

I realized, after loading up said groceries, that it was time to go get the big kids from school, and so I very gratefully loaded up my cold items in the cooler that I'd grabbed "just in case", zipped across town and picked up the kids from school. We headed back home, I unloaded the groceries, whipped up some car-friendly lunch and jumped back in to drive to the south end of town (where I should have just gone in the first place!) to get a few remaining items that the new store doesn't carry (who doesn't carry powdered sugar?!?!?!), and ended up finding some really cute jeans for cheap at the store, and treated myself to 2 new shirts (and yes, BB, I do dress up, so stick it in your ear! a different post there...don't ask today!) and some hair accessories for the family (combs for the general use and barrettes and sponge rollers for the little girls).

After finishing at that store, I headed to our local big box camping supply store to find that they were out of the 2 lousy items I needed, and so I loaded the kids up yet again, and drove 10 miles to the giant store to buy them, where the cashier was on her cell phone. The entire time I was there. She waited on 5 customers and never once talked to any of us because she was so busy on a personal call that she couldn't hang up, or put them on hold...I called her manager when I left the store.

We got home at 3:15, after having left at 8am with only a brief stop to unload some things and make lunch. Littlest One cried. The. Entire. Time. We. Were. Gone.

She was nursed, she was burped, she was changed, she was rocked, she was shooshed, she was given cereal, a teething tablet, aspirin...it was not pleasant.

I have a cold. The kids are all sporting snotty noses. BB informed me last night that he is playing in a golf tournament for work at 1:47 tomorrow afternoon, and then has a meeting to call into from 5pm to 7pm, which means I get to spend the entire day preparing for our trip, loading up the trailer, making and packing all the food, cleaning the house, and THEN I get to spend the entire 2 1/2 hour trip attempting to keep the kids quiet so he can be on his meeting. We're not even LEAVING until 4pm tomorrow night.

I'm a bit miffed. I don't feel good, the kids are crabby, the house is thrashed, and, in case you're wondering, there is no such thing as a car-friendly meal when you're dealing with a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old.

I'm signing off, feeding my family leftovers, doing the remaining 3 loads of laundry, attempting to gather dry goods for 5 days worth of meals, and will sort clothes and pack up the trailer tonight after BB gets home with it. Tomorrow, I'm cleaning the house in whirlwind fashion, heading to Church for Moms group registration, coming home for lunch, and while the kids nap, will load up the remaining items into the trailer and finish cleaning house.

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend and am praying that it will find me relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breathe..Enjoy...Relax..Love..Reflect..Journal...Breathe some more..Love some more..

Hugs to you