Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 02, 2010

The Upside

OK - after yesterday's whine session, I had a moment of clarity and a rather restful night, uninterrupted by anyone with a sleep disorder that is currently undiagnosed that causes him to do random odd things in loud and large ways (ask me about the 3rd night of our honeymoon and how I almost ended up with a broken nose sometime!)...

This morning found me awake at 5 something, to feed Littlest One. She, thankfully, decided to return to dreamland until 8:45. Capt and DG didn't wake until after 7, which meant that BB and I were able to get up and get ready for our days without 50 bazillion questions. I am not so opposed to this in general as I am a "Morning Person" (please don't send me hate mail, I just am). BB, on the other hand, could sleep for 12 hours, get up and still be sleepy...talk about opposites eh?

SO...after a nice morning, followed with an actual uninterrupted read of the paper and cup of coffee, I got the kids ready, did 3 loads of laundry (I love my Electrolux front load with the "fast wash" of 18 minutes! and my dryer with the same setting!!!!!), and then headed to Church to register for my Moms' Group.

We returned home around 11:30, I fed Littlest One, and got lunch, did 2 more loads of laundry, and once the kids were down for naps was able to pack clothes for our camping trip (we leave in about 90 minutes), and put away all other articles of clothing. I've got our dry goods ready to load up, and am taking a bit of a break before heading out to open up the trailer and load all the stuff in.

BB called me around 1 to tell me that if I'm feeling too overwhelmed to let him know and he'll delay our departure by an hour. At first I was a bit put out by that, but then realized that we're paying a bit of money for this campsite, we'll not lose our reservation, but I really don't want to lose out on half a day of vacation with my husband and children...so...

I'm going to go open up, load up all that I possibly can, including the refrigerator and freezer, and then I'm going to tidy my house. I might even vacuum.

I am sporting a cold, which has settled in my chest, which means I currently sound like a trained seal. I feel like I'm underwater, but I'll get through it.

I'm tired, and looking forward to just hanging around doing a lot of nothing. Yippee!!! I might even catch up on some sleep, taking a nap with the kids this weekend.

When I return, I'll have 2 in school the next morning, and will be refreshed and refilled, so watch out dust bunnies and cat hair clumps! I'll be back with a vengeance to clean this house like a mad woman!

Have a wonderful weekend, and to my Stateside readers, Happy Labor Day! Enjoy a day off, courtesy of our forefathers who fought to be recognized for their hard work shaping and building this country of ours! Or whatever the real reason for a day off from school and work is. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get well my friend. Enjoy your trip..