Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 09, 2010

Purge

Well, Day 1 sans BB is about halfway over.

All 3 kids napped at the same time, affording me the luxury of getting a ton of things taken care of. It is amazing what you can do when you know you only have 2 hours to do it. For instance, today I:
  • sorted, purged and put away all BB's magazines
  • sorted, purged and filed all paperwork in the office (that stuff is like Gremlins that got fed!)
  • cleared all counters, shelves, tables and floor space in the family room, living room, dining room, kitchen, office, utility room, and powder room
  • did 2 loads of laundry
Now, mind you, the things that got cleared off surfaces are not put away yet...in fact, they all got put into 2 giant boxes and hauled to the basement for another day.

However, my darling Mom is coming over tomorrow to lend a hand with all those tedious detail-cleaning tasks. On tap for tomorrow:
  • wash windows (interior only)
  • clean blinds
  • swipe down all dust bunnies and webbies clinging to ceilings, ceiling fans, walls, and crevices
  • wash baseboard molding and doors
  • clean bathrooms
  • strip beds, wash dirty bedding and remake beds with clean linens
  • clean kitchen decorative items
  • degrease kitchen cabinets
  • wash kitchen floors
  • vacuum anything that doesn't move out of the way
  • spot clean carpets
  • enjoy dinner with my folks and my children
  • fall into bed for a thoroughly refreshing night of sleep
Wednesday brings:
  • take cats to vet
  • vacuum truck, children, and self of cat hair shed by stressed out cats
  • clean master suite (yes, I just classified my room, bathroom and closet as a suite)
  • make dinner
  • start sorting kids clothes for consignment vs garage sale
Thursday entails:
  • inventory Mary Kay product
  • set up dining room for Mary Kay Skin Care Class
  • get myself ready for Mary Kay Skin Care Class
  • hold Skin Care Class
  • clean up dining room from Skin Care Class
Which leads to Friday and:
  • tidy house and vacuum
  • laundry
  • ironing
  • take kids to park to run off energy
  • welcome BB home
Saturday will most likely include:
  • mow grass
  • harvest and preserve garden produce
  • unpack BB and prepare for Church
Sunday will be:
  • Church
  • lunch with family
  • Force BB to finish Captain's bed (don't get me started)
  • plan meals for camping trip
Which leads to next Monday and:
  • meal planning for rest of August
  • preparation of meals for camping
  • packing and sorting for camping trip
  • power cleaning basement playroom and Mary Kay office
I have many more things on my list, and if I get them done, I will be happy. If I don't, I will be happy...

In between those listed items, I also have the interaction with the kids - swimming, playing at the park if the weather permits, reading stories, playing Play-Doh, baking cookies, tickling my kids' bellies, bath-time, snuggling, cuddling, wrestling, hanging out, coloring pictures, spending time with Grammy and Poppa...

trust me - there are many hours in the day when my children are either sleeping, or so engrossed in what they are doing, that I can slip away and change laundry loads, polish a piece of furniture, fold laundry, empty a trash can, shred a bag zucchini...

I will also take time for me - I have a manicure appointment Thursday morning while my folks take the kids for a few hours...

I know there are those that think I'm nuts, but there is just a part of me that knows I must make hay while the sun shines, or, in this case, BB is away...I just can't put that attention on mundane and trivial things when he's home, because my relationship with him is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than having no dust bunnies or sticky spots on my floor.

No comments: