Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 13, 2010

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Vacation was great. The road trip was great. The family time was...less than extraordinary...

Suffice it to say that overall, things were awesome! The kids did super, we made some fun memories, and I'm glad to be back home.

I ran around crazy before we left, so we returned to a sparkling clean house, no laundry waiting to be finished, only one load that had to be started...it was totally worth it!

And now, 2 days after returning home, I'm sitting here, with a batch of sourdough bread on it's 2nd rise, all laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away, the floors are swept, mopped and vacuumed (you'd be amazed at how much cat hair can be left behind over 12 days), the veggies are harvested, dinner is marinating, dessert is ready, and I'm just hanging out enjoying watching some shows I've TiVo'd, and waiting for the baby to wake up.

We went to the beach, the lake, the aquarium, the park, the coffees shop that we adore, and the ice cream store that is to die for...we had good food, we had good conversation, and good shopping.

We saw wildlife, gorgeous scenery...it was only marred by one event that really hacked me off. However...I have decided not to linger on it, it's nothing I can change, so I will only lament the brokenness of a relationship, and pray that some day, it might be healed...before one of the people goes Home...

Tomorrow I'll be back with my Proverbs 31 study...

1 comment:

Penny said...

Aren't vacations just the best?? so glad to hear yours was fabulous!!