Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 26, 2010

Summer Blues

I have officially decided that I must be crazy...I spent the entire weekend at home, wishing we were doing something, wanting to be anywhere but here (which has now caused me to be sadly "behind" on my to-do list), dying to be doing something fun with the kids...and now, knowing that I'll be camping with the family this weekend, in the mountains, surrounded by water, trees, wild-life...I just want to stay home.

I think my issue is that I've been surrounded by the kids constantly this summer. I've not had any respite this summer whatsoever. No taking the kids to my folks for a few hours while I get my hair done, no having them come over for my doctor's appointments, no trips to the library where I can leave the kids for 30 minutes for storytime while I look for fabulous literary treasures, heretofore unknown to me...I haven't even been to the grocery alone since before Littlest One was born, and that's now been 4 full months!

And so today, I'm sitting here, with at least 6 loads of laundry needing to be done, a house needing picked up and cleaned, and I have been catching up on blogs, reading FB status updates...

I think I need a real vacation. You know, the kind where you go to a fancy, all-inclusive resort where you simply need to decide which fabulous swimsuit and cover-up you're wearing to the pool, what time you're going cave-diving, how long you'll sit poolside before lunch? Yeah, one of those.

If you know anyone who'd take a 4-year-old boy, a 28-month-old girl and a 4-month-old girl for 48 hours and send a full-service housecleaner my way so I can sit on my deck and pretend I'm at some club in the tropics, send them my way!

No comments: