Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 02, 2010

Spring...I Think Is Trying to Fight Back Winter...

Today is supposed to be almost 60...the sky is clear, the sun is shining ferociously, the air is fresh...all the windows and doors are thrown wide open and the ceiling fans are running to whisk out the cooped up air and germs, and as I'm listening to the dripping and running of snow melting in various places around my yard, the house is feeling lovely, the kids are actually happily eating their lunch, and we're enjoying some Mama Mirabelle.

A few more days of this, and the kids will actually be able to play on the deck with their sandbox and slide! WOO HOO!

I'm all caught up on laundry, need to do some ironing simply to keep it from hanging around in a closet with not much space, and need to seriously dust and vacuum my room, as well as clean my bathroom. Again. It seems like I just did it yesterday.

Oh well...I know that while I'm in the hospital for this baby, my mom will take good care of my other children, and make sure things stay shiny and clean.

I'm ready. Mentally, I'm ready to hold this baby in my arms, and physically, I'm ready. I am tired of feeling so weighted down, and being kicked and jabbed from the inside.

This is weird for me, because it is the first time I'm tired of being pregnant. With the other 2, I was never this uncomfortable, never this awkward...I'm dropping things, bumping into things, just feeling truly like a house...sigh.

BB started hanging rigid foam insulation in our basement, after removing the old insulation that is falling apart (not so safe, as it is fiberglass insulation). So far, we've got 3 sheets hung, and 2 more to go to finish 2 walls. I'm excited...excited about the framing that will take place next. Excited that BB will be finishing Captain's bed this weekend, and we'll move the kids around from crib to "big girl bed" and from "big boy bed" to "super big boy bed"...

In other news, my first 2 days of cash-only, and no credit cards for "back up" or just in case have been pretty good.

We're under grocery budget, and I totally stocked up...not sure how that worked out, but God provides...so it must have been His doing that my normal staples were all on killer sales, as well as having coupons, which left me extra to buy some special things, as well as still staying under budget! If only I'd grabbed that carton of rainbow sherbet...sigh...

The cars both need to be filled and washed, but that's waiting for another day. I will take the truck in for an oil change and tire check (they look a little low), and try to hit the library for some good reading to get me through the hospital stay.

I'm actually nervous about being in the hospital for all that time without BB being there with me the whole time...how sad is that?!!??!!? Like I won't be able to bond with the baby, read a book, take a nap, watch some lousy daytime TV without him?

I'm seriously hoping my folks will bring the kids by as often as they can so they get used to seeing me with the baby...maybe it'll make the transition at home a bit easier...

Prayers are appreciated as Captain's temper and stubbornness are rearing their ugly heads right now. I know part of it is his friends at school acting this way, part of it is just developmental testing of boundaries, and part of it is acting out about all the changes around the house leading up to bringing home a new baby...but prayers are definitely needed...

No comments: