Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 24, 2010

I Swear I Won't Bore You With My Accomplishments

Alright...I really need to get off my rear-end and find something else to do.

Now that the various things on my "to-do list" are mostly accomplished (the one remaining task is one I dread, but MUST do before having this baby), and I've only the basic routine things, and the kids are mostly better (DG still has a pretty stuffed up nose and they both are sporting horrific sounding coughs that just make you cringe), I'm feeling better...and BB has a prescription to pick up, so he should be feeling better before week's end...I'm not at all certain what to do with myself.

Part of me says "select pictures and print them out so you can start scrapbooking", or "take the wedding proofs to the nifty place to have them copied into the sizes we want, so I can make my wedding album" (it's only been 7 years, 9 months and 23 days after all), or, bake some bread, stock up the freezer...stock the pantry...or knit something, like that sweater I started 2 Christmases ago, that I had to take apart because I couldn't remember if I was on a knit row or a purl row. I think about things like trying to write, or trying to do some craft-type painting...

However...I'm sitting here, staring at 2 loads of laundry that are waiting to be folded (I've decided that we shall be going practically naked this summer to avoid the whole laundry thing), knowing that I must add my veggies to my crock-pot in about 10 minutes so they'll be cooked for dinner tonight (late dinner, BB has meetings til 6:30), and that I still have to finish cleaning my room (funny how that chore still makes me groan, even 16 years after the last time my mother threatened to shovel the contents of my room into a dumpster).

I just don't feel like working on anything super productive today.

I did finish what was on my list, with the exception of my room, but I think I'll leave that til Friday, when I can send the kids downstairs to play and watch VeggieTales, while I go upstairs and change my sheets, pick things up and put them away, dust, vacuum, and scrub my bathroom. It won't take long really. It's just that I sometimes wonder why I bother...

I've had to follow BB around this last week making sure that recycling is put into the bin, trash in the can, dishes in the dishwasher, coats hung up, magazines put by his chair...and it frustrates me that I told him how hard we worked to get everything shiny clean, and picked up so it would be one less thing for me to worry about, and how much easier it would be for all of us to keep it shiny clean...and he still just sort of does his trail of detritus dump on his way in from the door to his chair.

I know, I know...don't nag, don't whine, don't be a martyr, but really, sometimes? I just want some respect for how hard I work on things.

He joked with me last night about having to carry the full laundry basket upstairs when he wasn't feeling well, and it sort of stung because I know there was an element of truth to his complaint...not that he minds my doing those things, he'd just rather have them done, and not have to be a part of it. All I can say is God forbid anything should ever happen to take me out of the picture for longer than 3 or 4 days, or he'll be in for a rude awakening as to what I truly do during the day...

And, try as I might, I just can't do the whole "let it slide" thing for one day, so he can see exactly what I do...

Oh well...this post was simply supposed to be one where I talked about not wanting to work anymore and just want to rest until this baby is born...which, by the way, I don't think will wait til our scheduled C-Section on St. Patrick's day...

Don't tell BB, but I've been having some contractions, and last night, I swear I thought my water was going to break.

We're just at 36 weeks today, so I really want to make it through at least one more week...but I highly doubt we'll make it til then...

takers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slow down and relax girly...I know all the nesting thing is fun..But dang girl..

I love you..Have BB or Mom send me an email with the news of the baby. You're in my prayers.