Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 19, 2010

I HEART Dave Ramsey

Seriously...I do!

I don't know quite what it is about his program...it's really not that much different than what you've heard spouted time and again by other experts...maybe it's his Southern Boy charm...maybe it is the fact that he's been broke. Twice.

At any rate...I must say that his program totally rocks, is totally worth investing your time and the small amount of money so you can take the FPU class.

No, I'm not being paid or compensated in any way by Dave Ramsey or any subsidiary, affiliate or offshoot of his ministry or program.

That being said...BB and I are holding a virtual garage sale of some large items that are currently cluttering up our basement. I am excited to report that after just 24 hours, we've already sold 2 of the listed items, with 1 more being picked up and paid for this afternoon, one being looked at this afternoon, and 2 more items being looked at tomorrow.

If they all sell this weekend, I will have approximately 200 square feet of floor space open up in my basement, and we'll have close to $1000 in cash on hand.

The only issue that I have right now is that BB is so stoked about the cash that he wants to use it to fund our basement project and/or other home improvement plans right now.

In class, we're learning that all your focus should be on 1) not borrowing any more money, 2)living below your income so you can 3) focus on the Baby Step you're currently working through.

In our case, this means, put the money to paying off our consumer debt.

It is pretty cut-and-dried in my mind. I wish I understood why BB doesn't see it that way.

I don't have an issue taking part of that money and having a bit of celebration (maybe a dinner out before baby's arrival?), and then putting the rest into our Baby Step...now it is just making sure we're on the same page.

If you're struggling and want to change things up in your life, and are truly ready to make that change, I encourage to check him out, if you haven't already done so.

No comments: