Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 23, 2010

'Round and 'Round and 'Round Again...

Well, here we are...me sitting up at 8:30 at night, while the rest of my household sleeps away...

The kids were both sick this week...worse earlier in the week, but much better now (thankfully, and prayerfully it will continue!). Had nasty noses, goopy eyes, coughing...the works it seemed. Captain had some bad behavior days this week which added to the stress of it all...

On Monday, BB called on his way home and asked what we were having for dinner. I reported what was already 90% finished cooking and he said "oh". I knew that he was in a bad way at that point, as it was his favorite meal...soooo...the kids and I enjoyed what was cooked, while BB had soup and crackers. Tuesday was more of the same, including the added bonus of congestion to his other symptoms. Wednesday brought on the cough and the "I'm so miserable I'll be cranky at everyone" behavior/attitude. Thursday night he went to bed at 8. I joined him at 8:30 but couldn't sleep because Capt's continued issues with obedience had ended up in his being grounded to his room all day Friday. I was so heartsick over this that I spent most of the night wondering just what I'd done wrong, and how I'd missed something essential to his upbringing as respect and obedience to his parents...OY!

Friday night, we turned in early again, and after a day with a very compliant and sad little boy, I was exhausted and so slept like a rock. Today brought a very cranky, very miserable BB, and two children who wanted desperately to be with him at every opportunity. Needless to say, not a good combination...

The kids were tucked in early as we're going to Church tomorrow morning, and BB is in bed. I am not tired, and in fact, have about 1001 things running through my brain as well as on my never ending list of "things to do".

I had a chat with BB last night about my reading Stephen Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", and how I was having a hard time turning it from the heavily corporate book it is into my current life of "stay-at-home-mom". He turned it into a "I cannot believe my wife has turned into a mushy-brained idiot" lecture totally missing my point of just wanting to have a conversation that was not about someone's health, potty training, or pregnancy.

However...that being said, I'm glad I can discuss those things with him.

We start our new Dave Ramsey FPU officially tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it as much as I thought I was going to be...BB is incredibly skeptical and is really making me angry about it. His attitude right now is that there is nothing new under the sun...what can we possibly learn that we don't already know, and how can we possibly change things from where we are.

Pray for us as we enter this 13 week committment.

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

First, thanks so much for your insightful comments on my recent blog post.

Hope everyone gets well soon at your house, and that you stay well. Sounds like both Captain and BB are going through a difficult period and you are the stablizing force.

Good luck with your 13 week class! I hope you both get a lot out of it.