Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 26, 2010

Catching Up

What a lousy last 5 days this has been.

BB ended up with a really nasty bronchial infection and inflamed and fluid-filled ears...the kids are mostly over their colds and just tired of being cooped up within the house. I am exhausted and have a list of things I really want to complete before week's end that didn't get done last week, but really need to get done...

And, as if my being overly concerned about such petty things as organizing baby clothes and cleaning carpet wasn't enough, I found out late Thursday evening that a good friend of mine lost their 3-year-old son in a tragic accident at home. Those of you who read me and are local, know. Those who aren't, don't, and I won't share details here.

Suffice it to say, the weekend was spent alternating between being incredibly frustrated that the world can simply stop for my husband when he is sick but not for me (more on that in a moment), and heartbroken for my friend, hugging the kids close and trying not to let them go crazy with freedom and "special treats", but at the same time, not becoming freakishly overprotective and paranoid about every little thing at my house that could potentially turn out to be dangerous (um, hello, we have a 2-story house with a full basement, so we have two sets of lots of stairs...yeah...you see my dilemma!). Lots of tears fell, lots of going from being just cranky to insanely happy...crazy, pretty much...

Today was the memorial service, and I went alone, as BB had some things at work he had to be at. It sucked. Not that the service was bad...if ever a memorial service could be called sweet and uplifting, this one was that...it's just that there I was, surrounded by all sorts of couples, other moms that were there with their close friends. I didn't seek anyone out, but neither did anyone seek me out. Not that its important, but it would have been nice for someone to have seen me and come to sit with me, or invited me to sit with them...needless to say, I cried a lot, blew my nose a lot, was generally miserable as I sat there, voluminously pregnant, terribly uncomfortable, terribly sad...terribly guilty that my own kids were safe and healthy and I could go get them and hug them...

That being said...Late last night, I awoke terribly congested, horribly uncomfortable, sore throat, head pounding...I took a Tylenol, my one concession to non-natural remedies during my pregnancies, and climbed back into bed, hoping I could sleep, hoping I could get comfortable...instead I spent the next 90 minutes coughing, blowing my nose, and doing my best at tossing and turning as I can at 32 weeks pregnant...

I woke this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus...and still had a full day of things to do.

Ugh.

So...at this point:

Please pray for all of us to get well again SOON
Pray for my friends as they are going through this terrible time of loss and grief - for peace and comfort, for strength, for their 5 year old daughter, and most of all for their marriage to remain strong and healthy.

Pray too for another friend of mine going through her 2nd pregnancy and very miserable and frustrated, on a super-tight budget, with no close family or friends, and an 18-month-old that is doing normal things for her age and development level...

No comments: