Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 08, 2009

Home Again

Ahhhh...it is always so good to arrive home, and sleep in your own bed after an absence, however long it may be, and however exotic a place your time away may have taken you.

We arrived home very late last night...or eraly this morning, depending on which makes you feel better about not getting to bed before 1:30am...

Uneventful flight, preluded with an eventful drive...apparently, EVERYONE in Oregon was heading to Portland...so there were 2 very hairy stretches of "congestion", labeled quite nicely by the sign on the side of the highway...which now makes me chuckle, but seriously...to have those fancy light-up signs that you can program to say anything you want, and you put "congestion expect delays"...

And there was no reason, no evidence of major event, accident, UFO landing, naked Swedish Bikini Team on the side of the road, no Playboy bunnies to cause gawking and rubber-necking...just backed up stop-an-go (mostly stop) traffic that suddenly disappeared around a corner or 2...

At any rate, we made it home, got the kids in bed, unloaded the cars, locked the house back up and tumbled into our bed, with a firm mattress, and my special pillow that has the nifty contours to help my neck. This morning, I woke up far earlier than my body would have liked, showered in my shower, with water that stayed warm because we have a freaking door on our shower (don't ask right now), and got dressed in something different than jeans, t-shirt, cardigan sweater, and shoes. I didn't have to do a load of laundry so the kids could have clean bedding and jammies...I didn't have to deal with post-cigarette breath being breathed all over the house or my children...I didn't have to listen to MIL read the paper out loud and expound upon the ills of the world, and how she thinks they should be fixed...for all her loudly spoken criticisms, she is remarkably narrow-minded...

BB chose to work from home, which didn't make me happy, I've done a load of laundry because I need to wash the detergent from MIL's house out of our clothes, so the kids will stop having reactions to their clothing.

The animals are fed and snuggling as close as they can to my legs, and I know that I can watch a baseball game, or pre-season football, or college ball and not feel guilty for "driving" everyone else out of the room.

I will go grocery shopping in just a few minutes, and then, this afternoon, I'll dust and vacuum my house, finish the laundry, and harvest some veggies from my garden.

I'll make sourdough bread, and plan a meal that will not cause us to become ill in any sense of the word.

For now, that is all you get...I'll post more later, when I'm not so darn sleepy.

No comments: