Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 28, 2009

Congratulations!!!

Although my best friend in the whole world won't see this post, I am still giving a GIANT, MASSIVE, HUGE, INSANE, Congratulations to him!

You see...about 15 years ago (give or take a few months), I met a guy through my then-boyfriend. He was funny, quirky, loved comic books, hockey, and good music. We instantly became friends, and when the boyfriend ditched me (another story for another time), he stood by me, and we've been friends ever since. Yes, FarmWife, that friend. Over the last decade and a half, we've shared all sorts of ups and downs, highs and lows, break-ups, move-ins (on his part, not mine), move-outs, college degrees, vacations, moves, careers changes, hockey games, surgeries, marriage and kids (mine, not his), and more moves.

I've been there to encourage him as he finished one B.S. and started a second, finished it, and worked on his Master's, while working part-time outside of the University, and teaching at the University. I cheered him on hockey games, waited patiently for him to wake up and realize that several of his girlfriends were not the right woman for him, and was there to help pick up the pieces when they bruised and boke his heart (which would kill him to know I'd said), and, yes, we drank many alcoholic beverages together. I was there when he started his Ph.D. program, and was there when he needed help with ideas and someone to read the non-technical writing of his Thesis.

Well, last night, it came to a head of sorts...he came in from California on Wednesday, and spent last evening at his Defense. It was great, they loved him, and he is now, officially a "Doctah".

He is going to have to hold firm in his decision to NOT walk in graduation in December, because his entire family, and all of his friends would dearly love to be there to see him in his funny hat, walking across the stage to receive this next award, this next honor...

And so, I offer this heartfelt round of applause, and a giant, loud Congratulations to my favorite, and newest Doctor!

No comments: