Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 15, 2009

Feeling a Bit Small and Ungrateful

I had one of those mornings...you know the type...everything seems to go wrong...the kids are at odds with everything you say, your husband has that look in his eyes that says "what happened to my bride? my house? my sanity?", your hair is frazzled, and your clothes, while not from yesterday, are not those that are in any way shape or form flattering, the toast is burnt, the cereal has gone soggy, your drink is now lukewarm, and your throat is raw from yelling at the pets...after you finally get to eat what passes for breakfast, you drop into your chair and turn on the TV to babysit...errrr...entertain the kids for awhile so you can have a moment of peace...

You know...all things went awry, and all I could think about was how I sorely wanted someone to come in, make my house shiny and sparkly, do all my laundry, make dinner, care for my children, groom my smelly dog and harvest and preserve my garden produce...

Then, I sat down and read a few blog posts my dear friend (whose blog is private, or I'd link you). She is a new mom, to a 9-month old, and is far from any family, either hers or her darling husband's. She is currently at home to be "just" the mom and wife, and they are living on a tight budget. In addition to all the things that go along with being a new mom, and a stay-at-home one with not a lot of money and unreliable transportation, and a husband who has a job that takes him away from home into the wilderness for weekends at a time, she is dealing with a very bad birth injury. Without going into details, it does keep her from normal activities on a day to day basis.

She is currently seeking medical help, and has run into many, many brick walls...please be praying for her - for her mental and emotional health, as well as her physical healing. Pray for her heart, that she will be protected from the words people say when they don't understand what is going on...pray for her body, that God will direct the best physician into her path to provide the surgical skills to repair her body...pray for her husband, that his encouraging spirit and gracious heart will continue through this entire journey...pray for her son, that he will work through whatever is keeping him from sleeping soundly and in any sort of pattern or routine...most of all, pray that someone wonderful woman of God will be led to her, to mentor her, encourage her, feed her soul, pray with her and for her, and be there to help her in any manner she may need.

If I lived near her, I'd be there in a heartbeat to lend a hand, shoulder, ear, or whatever it took...

Please be praying that my own heart will be able to look past the things that are so petty and small and focus on the wonderful blessings with which I have been gifted...God is so good. Pray that I will keep my eyes on that, and my heart filled with thoughts of him.

No comments: