Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 22, 2009

You're Invited to Join Me...

In a small pity party...yup, that's right...hosted by Yours Truly, in honor of Yours Truly.

I am whiny, and grumpy and exhausted and facing mounds of laundry, piles of ironing, 3 beds that needs changed, 3 bathrooms that need scrubbed, a kitchen that needs to be hosed off with a power washer or sandblaster to get the sticky, nasty goo off the cabinets and floors, carpets that need vacuumed, a dog that needs some serious grooming, 2 cat boxes that need dumped, washed and refilled...I have 2 children who are worn out by being drug all over the Front Range, a husband who tells me to stop spending money because our credit card balance is high, but then goes on to tell me that I have to drive 57 miles to pick up an unnecessary coffee table which was purchased through an online auction he attended while at work Monday, after which he came home and told me he needed to log in and get work done (wonder why???). My carpet and upholstery needs shampooing, the guest room is thrashed and full of outgrown clothing that I was all ready to box up and donate, but now we have to hang onto until after Baby 3 arrives in the spring and we know if we need pink or blue. I have 2 rooms to paint, a garden to tend to, a 1/3 acre lawn that needs mowed, trimmed and about 300 feet of edging along the driveway and sidewalk that needs doing.

I am a little unhappy at BB, that he bought something through an auction, without talking to me about it, without telling me...and then expected me to change my plans for today so that it could be picked up. As a result, I had to move the carseats from the car to the truck, load up the kids the diaper bag, a moving blanket, and then he didn't leave me any directions or the address, or the lot number, the total, the method of payments they would accept...oh, and then he told me that he had to get to work "early" this morning and couldn't make a lunch, could I make one and bring it to him please?

SOOOO....I unloaded the kids, brought them inside, setting up a screaming match between them as they were ready for our "adventure" and told him that while he found the address and information that I needed, I'd be happy to make him lunch...otherwise, he was on his own for getting his lunch as well as getting the table from the auction house. He laughed, thinking I was joking, and went into the office and got me what I needed while I slapped together a lunch for him. He took his lunch and left...leaving the office thrashed, the breakfast dishes piled on the counter next to the empty sink, above the empty and open dishwasher...

I then rinsed the dishes, loaded them into the dishwasher, folded 2 loads of laundry, took care of getting the animals fed and cleaned up after, and finally got the kids loaded back into the truck and heading out around 10:30.

We arrived back home at noon, after having to spend 40 minutes in line to pay for the darn thing, which is a total mess, all scratched up, and not well made at all...it was SO not worth the few dollars he paid for it, let alone the investment of my time in driving down there to pick it up.

On the way home, he called to ask me about it, and said he'd invited a coworker to dinner who is in from California, and could I please make the following menu that he'd send via email? I looked over the menu just a minute ago, and have not one of the things on the list to make said meal, with the exception of the chicken. I just got off the phone with him and explained that I would be happy to entertain his coworker with dinner at our home, but the meal he'd selected would not be what I was serving. He was mad, and is now saying he'll just take him out for dinner...which would mean he is spending money that we don't have, not getting reimbursed because it was a voluntary get together, not a required work meeting.

Tiny Princess is sleeping due to our being out of the house during normal naptime...Capt Chaos is cranky, irritable and fighting me every step of the way today...I need a nap, and won't be getting one anytime soon...

SO...thanks for dropping by and I hope I didn't totally bore you to death with my whining...

No comments: