Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 30, 2009

Things That Make Me Want to Scream

So far today, I've read 2 separate posts about the things poeple say regarding size of families, stage of pregnancy, age of children, amount of interaction between spouses...and it made me think of all the hideous comments that I've received over the last 4 years of being pregnant and being a mother, and thought I'd share some of my all-time most teeth-grinding, wanting to shake the snot out people comments that I've heard.

And now, without further ado:

  • "Gosh honey, I guess your husband just can't take no for an answer" (overheard while pregnant with Tiny Princess and having mentioned to someone that Capt was 16 months old)
  • "You do know what causes that, right?" (too many times to mention during both pregnancies)
  • "Well, you must miss having any time to yourself" (one day at the store while both kids were having meltdowns)
  • "Have you had him tested?" (upon hearing Capt's random babbling before Tiny Princess was born - guess he looked older than 15 months)
  • "Why would want more children? You have the perfect family!"
  • "Are you stupid? Why would you want to have your kids 2 years apart?" (BIL's comment upon hearing about Tiny Princess)
And, my all-time favorite - "Honey, you know that there are ways to avoid things like this happening, right?"

Kid you not...I was at the lab getting blood drawn, and after the tech and I walked up front, the lady at the desk checking me out saw the reason for the blood draw and heard me talking to the tech (who's been there since I was a little girl) about how the other 2 kids were doing and how old they were, and made that comment.

I just don't get what makes people think that it's ok to intrude in that way upon a mother and her children...if I was with BB, they wouldn't make those comments. In fact, they don't! They don't even give him that "Way to go, Dude!" look that I've seen folks giving other dads...OY!

Well, I'm off to go pick up my children from the Church, and grab some lunch and we're going to meet the Daddy at work and have chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers with him.

Toodles...and don't let someone steal your sunshine today with their poorly chosen words.

No comments: