Tonight, however, pushes those things aside. We are hosting an HOA board meeting here tonight, and my house is pretty thrashed.
Why am I sitting here typing, you ask? Well...let me tell you...as soon as Tiny Princess is in bed for her nap, I'm going to pick everything up, do the dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming. I will wash the floors, scrub the bathroom, clean my laundry room, and all extraneous items will go into the office, which will then be cleaned either tomorrow or Wednesday.
On my list starting 10 minutes from now:
- pick up all papers and file/recycle
- put all camping/camper items in their box in the garage
- put away games
- pick up toys
- clean kitchen counters
- scrub bathroom
- dust furniture
- sweep floors
- clean laundry room
- make tuna salad for lunch
- wash, dry, fold and put away laundry (4 loads of clothes and towels)
- iron BB's shirts
On the list for the rest of the week:
- clean bathrooms
- change beds
- clean bedrooms
- unpack and launder maternity clothes
- sort, clean and price GS items
- weed garden and pick zucchini
- shred said zucchini
- make zucchini bread
- make cookies
- cook 2 dinners complete with side dishes for camping trip this weekend
- pack clothes for camping trip this weekend
- clean out guest room of outgrown children's clothing
- sort books and put in GS box
I know it sounds like a lot, but the nice thing is that I can do many of these thing simultaneously. You know, while the wash is washing or drying, I can be picking up and putting away things, emptying trash cans, sweeping floors...and when they are dry, the sitting down to fold them makes me rest.
I won't overdo it, and I know my list from the other day is long, and most of those things won't get done before the baby arrives in March, but I'll work on it as much as time and finances allow us to! Each item we can cross off is one less to try to do next spring and summer when we have 2 preschoolers and an infant!
I also have to gear up mentally and physically to be taking Captain Chaos to preschool one day a week this fall! YIKES! The biggest challenge with that will be making sure that everything that can be readied the night before is done, and making sure that he doesn't dawdle through his breakfast...I need to begin waking him up around 7:30 to insure he's up, bathed, dressed and fed before we need to load up at 8:30...oy...that will be a big challenge for him...wish me luck!