Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 10, 2009

Savings and Broken Plans

Recently, I started following a couple of blogs regarding deals and savings...and so far, I must say that I am very impressed...

One of the blogs is fairly local (at least I know that she is in Colorado, so I know all the stores are here too!). The other, I'm not certain, I think she's in the Mid-west somewhere...but it gets a bit frustrating to start reading about "FREE" at ______________, and it's a fantastic deal on something I love to purchase...but the store is NOT in Colorado.

However...I must admit that I have now become a "Deal Hound"...I search out, seek, sniff, hunt, go crazy looking for coupons, sales, and awesome deals!

For example...I recently printed off a coupon that was a BOGO for TGIFriday's! BB and I went out Monday night for a celebration dinner following his awesome news, and we saved $22 on dinner! We still splurged a bit, choosing some adult beverages and dessert, but it was nice to know that our dinner could have been even more money than it was! The best part? The coupon was returned to us, as it is reusable until the 22nd of the month!

I've put it here for you, if you're interested. It helped us have a great night out, and might help you be able to do something that serves meals on plates, instead of in a wrapper, or basket!

I've also started haunting coupon sites, and am pleased to report that I've been saving an average of 40% on my grocery shopping, including things like paper towels, diapers, shampoo and the like! Obviously, I'm not buying skin care or cosmetics, but knowing that I spent only $100 for over $300 of things at Safeway a few weeks back had me crowing!

I just want you all to know, that no matter what your situation might be, or the type of things you choose to buy (organic, all-natural, whatever), there are many ways to save serious money! If you're interested, you can leave a comment, and I'll post these sites and some other information later on today.


In other news...

Tiny Princess woke up at 6 this morning, ready to play...we're talking full-on laughing, playing, and singing at the top of her not-so-little lungs at 6am...good times...I got up (a rare morning for me to still be in bed at 6) and got her changed and dressed, brought her downstairs, gave her breakfast, let her play while I tidied up the kitchen (swept up Cheerios), made a pot of coffee and BB's lunch, and sat down with the paper. At 7:30 BB came downstairs, ready for work, and we had breakfast. Captain Chaos wandered down about 8, and by the time Tiny Princess was ready for her morning nap, it was only 8:30!

I have, therefore, been able to shower and get dressed, but am not sure how our day will play out now that she's off schedule by 2 hours...we were planning on a trip to our Nature & Science Museum for the monthly free day, but that is sort of out the window, being that by the time she wakes up, and we got there, it would be lunchtime, meaning that we'd only have a 3 hour window to wander the museum and then an hour drive home, which would totally scrap our afternoon naps...SO...I think instead we'll hit the local library, and pick up some books to read, and find out about story-hour and maybe we'll get a rare treat of lunch out somewhere...especially since she'll be awake in about another 45 minutes.

In the meantime, I'm folding laundry and trying to quell the urge to scrub my floors again...something about the humidity that is normally not in Colorado, makes everything feel sticky and dirty...especially those things that actually are...which my floors are not...

2 comments:

Inkling said...

You spoke my language! =) I have a hard time following so many of the deals I read about, primarily because the stores either aren't in Washington State (USA coupons and deals never apply to Canada, so we always have to cross the border), or because I just can't bring myself to buy the chemical laden - preservative full - processed to the hilt stuff. We are brand loyal around here, even when it's a generic brand because we choose our products based upon how they are made and what's in them, and I dislike changing up products that work for me just because another one is a steal of a deal.

So I really want to save, but not at the expense of health. That makes it a wee bit challenging. But I do find that in Canada it's at least easy enough to buy one particular store brand that is cheaper than the name brands but as good or better in quality. Still, I wish I could spend money like my Aunt Anita does to get the huge quantities of stuff she gets. Now if I could just get my hands on Huggies discounts!

Penny said...

I love clipping coupons and getting deals. we have a couple websites here in Indianapolis that we can purchase $50 gift cards for $20 or $25 for eating out. we like to do that when we have extra cash and then keep them when we are short on cash and then we can still have a date night!! Our local grocery here is Kroger and they always have great 10 for 10 deals that I like to stock my freezer with! But alas, I am not as good as Inklings Aunt Anita!! she is a queen of saving!!