Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 08, 2009

I Think I Need a Nap

Wow...I'm wiped out...

Saturday saw us up and running early...we went to breakfast, we came home, and we ran around getting things done for Captain Chaos' 3rd birthday party...we spent the rest of the day eating, playing, talking, playing, eating, and cleaning...

He got some really great things from our friends and loved ones!

Grammy & Poppa found a golf set, and a Toddler Bible.
Uncle DesignerMan got a Play-Doh starter set with 20 little cans of color, some cool shape cutters, a molding thing, and a mat
Neighbors brought over a giant Tonka dump truck, a fire truck, a boat full of sandbox toys, a chomping alligator, AND a pair of swim trunks and basketball jersey...
friends found a really nifty paint can with bath crayons, bath paint, a sponge, and some soap that's like modeling clay!
We got him a tee-ball set, Chutes & Ladders, a Thomas the Train game, some new trucks for the sandbox, a little tikes tool bench, and set of tools (thank goodness for consignment stores!).

He was so adorable, running around, throwing water on everyone, running around the yard, yelling "Happy Birthday Cake to me!"

After the party, we threw the kids into bed for naps, and cleaned up...followed by an easy dinner, and an early bedtime.

Sunday, we went to Church, did the yardwork, and crashed...we played Wii...and a guest at the party Saturday had reminded us that BB's reviews were coming back today...which made my heart sort of stop for a second or three...

This morning, after BB left, I ran errands, all the while thinking about how much money I was spending and could we really afford to purchase the things that we needed...we got home, had lunch, and I was putting away the dry goods that I'd purchased, and BB called...my heart stopped when I saw his number on the Caller ID...and he asked if I was sitting down (never a good sign)...and he asked how my day was going...and then he said he had news...

He found out today that he got a fabulous review, a promotion and a raise! he was one of a very small number at his company that did...and I'm stoked! He even said that we were going out to dinner to celebrate tonight!

SO...now, I've been running around the house doing some things like taking out trash and recycling, folding diapers, washing clothes, washing the kitchen floor (again)...so that we can go out tonight and have a good time!

Tomorrow I see the Nutritionist for another follow-up and I'm praying that my scale's numbers match what the numbers on their scale show for difference...pray hard that I can keep this up!

I showed a 5.5 lb loss this week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to BB for the promotion and congrats again to you for your loss babe!!
Great Job!! WTG (WEIGH TO GO)

CC SCORED BIG TIM!!