Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 26, 2009

Feeling Much Better

OK - so the weather is pretty odd for this time of year...normally, we're having upper 70s and low 80s, with lots of sun...some late afternoon storms that come in with a vengeance, leaving everything soaked, but not leaving the damp, muggy feeling...the last week or so, however, has been steady rain for several days in a row, with a few breaks here and there, where we see the sunshine for just long enough to dry the deck and the cars, but leave the ground saturated...the air is heavy, the temperatures are low...almost as though we've been thrown back into the weather we would normally have in early April...without the threat of snow.

This means that we've been housebound for the better part of the last 4 days...making for a cranky mama...especially when the daddy spends the 1st 2 days of his long weekend at an auction that went from 6pm - 11pm on Friday night, and 9am until 7pm Saturday night, followed by spending Sunday morning shopping for new appliances, and buying some new things for the Wii, and then coming home, and watching him play Wii for the next 8 hours...

At any rate, I was able to keep up with the housework, care for the kids, make food, sell Mary Kay to customers, and email my family...

I decided, last night, after reading through the first part of The Love Dare that I did indeed need an adjustment...I know that BB is busy, and that he works hard, and so do I. However...am I really justified in being so miffed and vindictive when he sits and shuts out the rest of the world for hours at a time, not reacting to the kids and I needing him...and I won't ask for his help...so...you can see...

We are starting a new Bible Study tonight. I'm excited about it...especially as BB has been gun-shy about things like this for a long time...I'm praying that it will be a good time for us to be together, but still building our relationship and getting to know some other couples in our area...

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That selective hearing thingy is so frustrating on both kids and spouses.

Hope the Bible study and time together were refreshing for you!