Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 27, 2008

My Perfect Moment

I Capture
Perfect Moments.



What a great way to start my week! Thanks to Lori, over at http://weebleswobblog.blogspot.com/ for this fun little event...

My Perfect Moment came this morning before I had even logged on...not sure if it counts, but some of you will get it.

I had a rough night last night...very restless, lousy dreams when I did manage to tumble into sleep. This morning, Tiny Princess awoke bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and was rarin' to go! She had a big crash and really conked her head as she tumbled from her newly acquired standing position. She actually crawled over to me while she was still crying and climbed up into my lap, and sat snuggled in my arms for over 30 minutes.

Now, this is my Perfect Moment, not because I want my children to get hurt, but because Tiny Princess is much like her Mama in that she would rather do it on her own, and is not usually a snuggly girl now that she's independently mobile. I was thrilled that she not only needed some loves but that she stayed in my arms for so long! She just laid there, drinking her bottle, and was quiet and still, and every now and again, she'd give that little "I've been crying hard" shuddery breath and she never took her eyes off my face.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love moments like that, where you are the safe haven, the loving arms to someone. Very beautiful.

Unknown said...

Yes, that is just a lovely feeling.. to know that you are everything to that little one at that moment... and they are everything to you.Hope she's ok now. S