Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 01, 2008

It's a Beautiful Morning...

And I'm stuck at home, waiting for the stupid ADT man to get here to fix our system...grrrrrr I HATE these "sometime between now and forever" times they give you.

It is sunny, cool (only about 50 right now), the sky is pure blue with no clouds...Captain Chaos is asleep, Tiny Princess is asleep. The laundry is actually caught up. That's right, with the exception of what we are currently wearing, there is NO laundry to be done in my house! I "cleaned" yesterday afternoon. Which brings me to my next point...

It is amazing how much easier it is to keep the house tidy when someone else comes in and gets it off to a nice start! Our cleaning lady is awesome, she did a fabulous job, and I must say that BB and I are doing a good (not quite great) job of keeping it up! I have honestly and actually swept and vacuumed daily since she cleaned. I have scrubbed the toilets, washed the floors, and dusted. But the biggest and most important accomplishment is that I have NOT allowed the clutter that I threw into boxes last week to creep back into existence. That's right. Not the old stuff, as I'm going through it. If it has a home, it gets put there. If it doesn't have a home, I find one, either in the house, or in the garbage/recycling. All of the new stuff is being put into its appropriate place upon completion or use. We have NO dirty glasses floating around. My counter is CLEAR of mail, coupons, recycling, "to do" things, and dirty or clean dishes. I have baked, cooked, cleaned, planted my seeds for my gardens in the little trays and pots.

I have ironing to do, and an errand to the post office this afternoon to mail the last of our 2007 tax items to our accountant (read MIL). I am CLEAN!

This is the most liberated I have felt since I submitted my resignation from corporate America upon Captain Chaos' birth almost 2 years ago! WOO HOO!!!

I am doing my happy dance, and I am going to put on my gloves and go attack the remaining fall dieback in my flower gardens while the children sleep. I have decided that while it is nice outside and still cool, I will work my fingers off outside. On the yucky days I will work to get my basement clean and tidy. Which brings me to my dirty little secret, and the thing that is hanging over my head right now...

My basement is CHAOS. BB built me a storage room to house the pantry, decorations, and the crate in which Rocco sleeps, along with the litterboxes. Inside it right now are all our "keep" items, with the exception of the 3 sets of fine china (yes, 3) that we own, and the items for garage sale. Outside of it, however, chaos reigns supreme. My Mary Kay shelves are stacked with said china, the floor is covered with boxes of product and stacks of paperwork, catalogs, and bags. The carpet that is laid over the concrete is covered with dust and dirt where there aren't boxes and stacks. The area that is to be my office is currently littered with crumpled up newspaper, and a table stacked with more china, waiting to be wrapped and packed away. Why is this such an issue you ask? Well, you see...I hate the feel of newsprint on my hands. I hate feeling dirty, and do not want to pack up dishes that I rarely get to use. I like looking at my crystal goblets that have been used twice in 6 years of marriage. I like seeing the beautiful Lenox plates, and the pretty and delicate rose pattern on the set I inherited the summer Capt was born, when my grandmother passed away. I LIKE MY CHINA. I WANT IT TO BE OUT ALL THE TIME! There, I said it. You read it here. I am a closet fine china addict. I want my pretty things out. I want a traditional, dark finish dining room set, a cabinet with glass doors to house my pretty china, and a place for my linens to live...I don't care if we use them. I want to know that they are there, that I can get them out...and besides, why should we have to wait for "special" times to use them?????? Who declared that you should have a set of dishes for all the time, and a set for "once in a blue moon times"?

At any rate, my garden awaits. The security man is still not here, and he has one hour and 8 minutes before I call asking where he is. For now, I must go cut back dead plant matter and transport it to my compost bin.

Toodles...

OH...I was not allowed in for the actual ceremony as children are apparently not allowed into the sanctuary (or whatever its called) at this particular ward building. Wasn't that a waste of my time? I could have shown up at 11, given my condolences, and gone to the cemetery without rushing around and denying my children their normal routine... go figure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you've been the busy beaver. I need to get cracken now.