Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 14, 2008

To Follow Farmie...Give me a Wish to Build a Dream On

Alright...in keeping with my usual self...Farmie's Inkling was tagged recently, and here's what it is...feel free to make your own somewhere...

5 Material/Earthly Wishes, and 5 Spiritual/Deeper Wishes...

MATERIAL

1 - DEBT-FREE living...now, not in 5 or 15 years...NOW...no more bills, and enough cash to do whatever the heck I want to with it and not feel guilty about buying myself new underpants when the kids need clothes.

2 - I want new flooring...new REAL hardwood in my main floor, with gorgeous, rich carpets to warm the space...new high quality carpet in my upstairs, and most importantly, amazing travartine on my bathroom floors...with matching tiles on the counters, showers, and tub enclosures...so let me revise that and say "A newly decorated house"...

3 - A new car for me. Selfish I know, but I hate my little wagon with a passion that frightens me...I might snap and fill it up with alcohol bottles, light it on fire, and push it off somewhere it would roll, crash and explode...after I've reported it stolen so I can get some $$ for it...I'd really like a fully restored original Mustang Fastback...67 would do...cherry red, with white leather interior...shiny chrome on all the fixtures, and a mean old turbo to go with the engine...mmmmmmm.

4 - The shop of BB's dreams...with all the space and tools he could ever possibly imagine he'd want...

5 - Being debt-free would then allow BB to quit his technology job, and pursue his dream of owning his own woodworking business and doing that full-time...

SPIRITUAL WISHES

1 - To truly know that God is first. Somewhere along the way I've lost sight of that, and seem to be having trouble getting back to it...

2 - I'm with Farmie on this one...I want to be that woman from Proverbs...she rises before the rest of her household...clothes them in fine linen...you know the one...my fear is not the work, but rather what do I do once I become her??? What is there left to acheive?

3 - To know that I am leading Captain Chaos and Tiny Princess in the path they should go...I know that I departed from the Way a long time ago, and I don't want my little ones to experience that if they don't have to. Let me be a shining example of a Godly person, wife, and mother...

4 - Patience...with BB...with random strangers in the Wal-Mart...with my children...even with my poor dog...

5 - This is the biggest one...to remain committed to BB as much now as I was on our wedding day. As Farmie stated...it all seems to be reacting to life, rather than spending time knowing and growing with each other, and making a good example for Capt and Princess...


PHEW! That was harder than I thought...oh the material wishes were easy as pie...who DOESN'T sit around thinking of all the THINGS they'd change/upgrade/fix?!?!?! But to really turn that eye inward and look at the makeover my insides need?! YIKES!

Somehow knowing that I'm not suddenly going to be given a million dollars tax-free to pay off debt and start a "dream fund", makes it a little easier to focus on the 2nd set of wishes...pray for me in my journey!

OOOH...Farmie...I need to post this to your site...you need to read "Tender Mercies for a Mother's Soul". It'll do you (and many others I'm sure) a world of good to know that you are NOT the only one, and that there is hope!

Hugs to you all...and now the Princess is putting up quite a fuss for more food...SIGH...who thought that in my wildest dreams I would ever liken myself to a 24-hour buffet, or a cow?

No comments: