Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 04, 2008

D-Day Draws Nigh...

So far today, I have showered, dresssed, and gotten "decorated" (as my 8 yo nephew calls it), made the bed, bathed Captain Chaos, rousted BB from bed, made, eaten, and cleaned up breakfast. After that I washed the table, chairs, and counters, swept the kitchen floor, built 14 towers with various blocks, drove cars around the family room, fed the dog and cats, cleaned up after the dog (his dishes were disgusting to say the least!), and run the vacuum.

At 9:45, my Daddy showed up to watch over Captain Chaos while BB and I headed off to my check-up. I was oh-so-thrilled when the doctor said, "everything looks great, but since your contractions seem to have increased, let's check you"...my favorite thing is the manual exams in which rubber-gloved ICE COLD fingers prod your nether regions...WOO HOO...

OK, so not my idea of a good time, but I realize it is necessary, and important. Still, I wish she'd at least warm up her hands first. It is SO hard to relax when her hands are cold.

Our exam resulted in findings of being 60% effaced (as opposed to 50% a week ago), and a total weight gain of 19 pounds since our first official visit. Not dilation which is good, as that can indicate a sudden jump to "real" labor, which can lead to all sorts of yuckiness and issues. We may just hold out until the 22nd after all! Only 2 1/2 weeks until our scheduled date (I'm just too lazy to change my ticker right now), and I THINK I've got everything done that can be done for the baby...granted we still need to take the giant tub of Christmas lights downstairs, but as that weighs more than 30 pounds, I'm not touching that one. BB can do it tonight, and then tomorrow, we'll set up the port-a-crib with the bassinette insert in the dining room, and bring up the portable bassinette to put in our room for the first "little bit". After that...it's just waiting...and there are places for the baby to sleep, they are just all upstairs, and I'm not sure I want to be heading up and down more than once or twice a day...anyway...we'll see...

SO...BB and Daddy are now in the shop discussing engineering and physics required to hang a storage cabinet on his Shopsmith...and I'm starving, so I'm going to get lunch.

Captain Chaos is sleeping (hooray!), and I plan on being busy this afternoon with the rest of the stuff that needs doing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so excited for you. Really I am. Just a few short days you'll be meeting your little one.