Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 19, 2007

I AM the Grinch this Year...

I love this time of year...most years...this year, for some reason, I am just not as into Christmas as I normally am.

In years past, I have been a decorating, baking, singing, good-cheer-spreading freak...and I do mean freak...but this year...its just not happening...

Could it be that being the size of a beached whale, waking up simply to turn over (there's no rolling anymore folks)in the night so my side isn't asleep when I awaken and feel like my kidney will explode a la Grandpa Simpson, and dealing with a cranky 18-month-old that is NOT teething, but just cranky?!?!?! Or, could it be that I've used up all my allotted Christmas cheer at the tender age of 32? SIGH...

Needless to say, I am sitting on my couch, avoiding finishing up Christmas cards (maybe I'll simply put them away for next year, after all, there's no dates in them...and then we can have a family photo to add...hmmmm), and my oven is heated up to bake another batch of cookies so BB can share them with his co-worker, but I'm not in the kitchen getting them ready to go in the oven...and wondering why I am the one who must put away BB's glass from dinner last night, or the plate on which he put his cookies 4 days ago???? Oh, and don't forget the overflowing laundry, the suitcase that is STILL sitting on my stairs from our trip for Thanksgiving, along with the carry-on that BB used for his laptop and associated technological stuff? I mean, after all, its only been 19 days since we came home, why the rush!?!??!?!?!!?

I know, I know...where is my Christmas cheer, my goodwill to man, my peace on earth? I think I lost it when some random stranger at the local grocery store asked me if I was having twins and what in the world was I doing not using Birth Control, didn't I know that there were things to keep "these kind of things" from happening??? I tried my hardest to smile sweetly, and say "no twins, ma'am, but my husband is a linebacker for the Denver Broncos (he's not, but it shut her up)" and to go my merry way to get the rest of my groceries. Have you ever cried in the produce department? I mean, really cried, not just got a whiff of really strong onions, but flat-out cried like a little baby? There I was, 2 items into my lengthy list, sobbing into the celery display like some sort of wacky person...I could NOT believe that someone would A- have the NERVE to say either one of those things out loud to a STRANGER, and B- that NO ONE in the store offered me a stinking tissue! NO ONE...not a single one of the other people, and there were a lot, even asked if I needed anything...which of course, only made me cry harder...

Inkling...I just have to say "OY!"

This is obviously a simple by-product of the hormones as my body gears up for the labor and delivery of this coming baby, but still...I've been a mess! I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and am SO looking forward to 5 days in the hospital, knowing that someone else is here to run my vacuum, and keep things picked up. My mom and dad are awesome, and will take good care of Captain Chaos and the house...and will be here every day after we get home...I just have to make it until January 22...that's all...that's when the hospital is expecting us...January 22...what a magic day that is!

And now that this is out of my system, we will return to our regularly scheduled posting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here you need one of these ((((HUGS))))..

I hope you feel a bit better. I wish you love, peace, and joy. Time with your BB and Capt Chaos to enjoy the scenery and sit back and enjoy the quiet. No One expects you to do the baking, and if the laundry takes 19 or 91 days to do that's okay too. Please don't put so much pressure on yourself. Enjoy these last few days of your pregnancy..Enjoy it for me, for BB, for CC, for your parents, for yourself...My youngest is 6, and my oldest is 14..My middle will be 13 on Friday..Can you believe I've been wanting another baby and can't?

((((HUGS))))

Inkling said...

Wow. I think I would have socked that woman with a bag of celery. Good grief. The things people say.....

Five days in the hospital?! I just hope their room service and food is good so you can pretend you're in a fancy hotel. =) Here, you're lucky to get 24 hours for a regular birth, and 2-3 days with a c-section. I think I'll be envying you, unless I get my wish to have a baby at home. (Hospitals scare me, but the idea of having birth trauma while at home also scares me. And no, just in case you are wondering, this is not an announcement. I won't be close to announcing anything until the next climbing season is over, and that's months away.)

Kork said...

We are SO blessed that our insurance will cover up to 5 days...and this time around I will be taking them...

As for the home birth...my friend did that with no issues, and I'm so in awe that she was strong enough to do it...but too chicken to have tried it for myself!

Inkling, you should look into the hospitals around the area, and see if they partner with midwives. That way, you can have a midwife do the work unless something happens. In which case, you'd already be in the hospital, and the OB would only step in if something were wrong. There is only one hospital in our area that does that, but I think it's pretty darn cool! Not sure how things are handled in the Great White North, but worth looking into in my mind.