Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 12, 2007

Futility and Angst...

Well, I've somehow mananged to do it again...I took a VERY SIMPLE cookie recipe and botched it...and the worst part is that I cannot blame it on anything other than my own lack of focus...

I was attempting to make some Spritz to put on the cookie plates that are going to the neighbors, and somehow, I was thinking that measuring 2 1/4 C of flour times 2 (for a double batch) equaled out to 10 scoops with my 1/4 C measuring cup...now you do the math and see if you can explain how I went ahead, mixed it all up in my Kitchen Aid mixer, and put it through my cookies press, and INTO THE OVEN without wondering WHY on earth the dough was SO SOFT?!?!?!??!?!

AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I've wasted an entire pound of butter, plus all the time that I invested into the dumb things in the first place.

Captain Chaos is down for his morning nap, and I have to be at Church at 5pm for rehearsal tonight, in preparation of the upcoming services this weekend...plus do 3 more loads of laundry, and the normal daily things.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR...

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

I have a bad habit of accidentally doubling the butter in a recipe & then having to double the entire thing...or ending up with a sticky mess & no clue what I've done.

Rack it up to Mommy/pregnancy brain.

Anonymous said...

Hugs..I'll eat the bad batches..LOL..

PS Love the new picture.