Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 01, 2007

Blessings in Disguise

Recently, the aforementioned neighbors (who also happen to be some of our favorite local friends) had their carpet cleaned. The carpet cleaning guy has been in business since 1977, and some of his customers will leave their house to him the day they head off on vacation, and he will lock up for them when he's finished. Talk about trustworthy! Unheard of in an era of "make a quick buck off the customer".

After talking to a company my folks used 5 years ago when they downsized, I was told the rooms I wanted done would be about $120. Not bad for 4 rooms, and a hallway right?!?! Well, silly me... After this particular company sent a representative out to view some stains, and measure more accurately (I was off by 14 feet by the way), my quote went from the $120 to $300! Almost $200 of it was the cleaning, the rest was a Pet Stain removal product, and a protector...now the additional $100 of services/products is optional, but still...how can 14 feet add $80??

At any rate...I called my neighbor this afternoon to get the number for the guy they use, and they happen to have a referral coupon...if my quote is at least $150, I save $15...I'm not sure how that's a good deal yet, but I'll let you know what they say.

I may just say phooey to the whole thing, and borrow my folks good old Hoover Steam Vac that has to be at least 15 years old, but still cleans like a dream, and only costs you your time...of course, is my time worth more than the $200? I don't have the answer to that yet. I'm awaiting advice from my folks as they are the ones that would be moving the furniture for the carpet cleaning company...if they are willing to clean the carpet while we're visiting the in-laws, then I'm all for it! That would save me 3 days of work, AND it would be done when I get home, no chores looming over my head!!!! Hmmm...I'll have to ponder that.

No comments: