Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 17, 2007

Adventures in birthday shopping

Friday happens to be BB's birthday. FarmWife, you said we must be getting old right? Well, rest assured that he will always be older than you and I!

He asked for a grinder, and a motorcycle jacket...the grinder, not so difficult...but a jacket?!??!!?

I don't know about you, but I find clothing pretty personal...you know, how it feels, how it moves with you, does it make you feel amazing? So, knowing that something like a jacket for his bike is SO important on so many levels, how do you freaking pick something like that out? I mean, I want it to be a surprise, but I don't a scary, leather-clad, big, bad biker jacket. He's already intimidating, I don't want him to be frightening too!!! Of course, I don't want to go to the other extreme, and buy him something that looks like a PowerRanger suit...so I spent the better part of today driving to the places I'd found online, trying to find something that just screams "Buy me for your husband!"...

SIGH...after spending the entire morning dragging poor little Capt Chaos around the world, I gave up...I have decided that I will simply go with him on Friday afternoon, after our ultrasound appointment, and we will, together, lovingly, and happily pick out the jacket.

Never before, in all my years of shopping, has one article of clothing made me want, so badly to swear!!!!!

Now to decide what to do for the rest of the celebration...do we have a quiet dinner as a family, knowing my own birthday is 2 weeks from Friday? Do we get together with our friends, so they can all drink beer and toast his encroaching agedness while I sip on my Sprite and keep the Capt relatively quiet and occupied?

Where is Martha Stewart when you really need her to do "A Good Thing"??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make cranberry spritzers and party..(1/2 cranberry juice 1/2 sprite or seven up)

I hate shopping for clothes for myself. Everyone else I can handle..Myself...Forget it it's meltdown city.

Enjoy the birthday festivities