Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 05, 2012

Two Posts in One Day!

What would prompt me to do such a silly thing, you ask?  (OK, really, I don't think anyone is asking...but I talk to myself a bit!)...

Well, mostly its this idea of a story I have rattling around in this little ol' brain of mine...I'm just not sure what to do with it...It's not a particularly uplifting story right now, sort of grainy and gritty, and, well, real...about a person who's made so many bad choices they're not sure whether there's light at the end of the tunnel, or if they're just imagining a dim glow in the distance somewhere.

I just don't want to put forth the effort and have it end up being something akin to the stories I've read before...you know how it goes, you find an author you love, you read everything they've ever penned, and their biography, their autobiography, see all the cinema versions of their novels...and then you get aspirations to become a writer yourself, but everything you conjure just reminds you of their work...or maybe you don't...

Maybe I'm just odd...maybe I'm trying to find a way to take this story that could be very, very...adult if I were to allow myself down that path, but to find a way to keep the importance of the choices, that very realistic experiential voice that needs to be there...so you as the reader can understand what it's like to be at the very bottom of the pit, knowing you can't go any further down, but trying to find a way up and out...how it feels to be continually bombarded with the choice of Evil #1, or Evil #2, and know that neither one is what you want or need, but you just can't find The Way Out.

Wow, I think I just said the same thing 3 times...hmmmmm...

At any rate, I'm just not sure that I can get the point across of how it is to be in that situation, without some of the darkness, some of the dirt of the reality of the brokenness of this world...because, the point of the story is how they find their way back to the Light...

It makes my brain hurt, and maybe I just need to sit down, uninterrupted for a bit and start typing...

I'd like to think it would be good enough to get published...

No comments: