Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 09, 2012

Thursday, Day...5, I think???

WOW! What does it say that I've already lost track of how many days it's been since I've hit the Reset button...not sure, but, there it is...

SO, yesterday was spent unloading JUNK, and it felt good.

SO good, in fact, that this morning was spent doing obsessive-compulsive things like cleaning, re-arranging, sorting, purging, and labeling my pantry, fridge, and freezer.

Yup, that's right, I emptied my upright freezer into my coolers, defrosted said freezer, reloaded freezer, and made an inventory list in a spreadsheet on my computer. In a fit of motivated insanity, I did the same with my pantry. All 14 shelves of it in my kitchen cabinets, and the 6 foot tall, 3 foot wide shelving unit in my basement, got emptied, wiped off, and the contents got organized, inventoried, and re-organized. And as if that wasn't enough...I emptied my refrigerator, cleaned off the shelves, scrubbed the bins, and made a list of what I've got in there too!

Suffice it to say that aside from fresh groceries like eggs, yogurt, produce, and meat for sandwiches, I could probably get away without shopping for about, oh...3 months or so...

I know, I know...it's a riveting and exciting subject isn't it?

Aren't you glad you hopped over to read this today?

Sheesh...me either...

OK, seriously though, I'm enjoying my new routine very much.

In addition to normal daily things like sweeping up crumbs, vacuuming my carpet, and making certain there is good food on my table for 3 meals each day, I'm getting things done...I'm actually crossing items off of my very rumpled, dirty, OLD list (5 years old to be exact) of "things to do" I created while sitting at Children's Hospital as Captain was getting his IVIG during out stint of Kawasaki's Disease...

And what does it say about me that I have a 5-year-old to do list? that has things on it that aren't checked off?

Well, back to it...

1 comment:

Penny said...

reading about all the things you are getting done makes me wish I didnt work full time, go to school full time, volunteer what seems like full time and head up our church's Food Pantry...so I could stay home and get things done there!! good for you...and when you are done there is a home in Indiana that could use you!! LOL