Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 05, 2011

Serious Reminders...

It would seem that God has a very important message for me...

First, my small group study this fall was all about making over my character - being more mindful of what God has in mind for me as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend...

Second, another book I picked up that my Moms' Group was reading through talks about how living with less can actually provide us more in life. One of the topics? Thinking about how having less things on our calendars outside of home life means that we'll have more time as a family! More time to talk and interact with our children, our spouses...more time to know each other, and more time to play and have fun...

Third, I was selected to be part of a group of folks "testing" a new book that is sort of a "life makeover" book - talking about how taking 30 days and changing up your thinking and habits can make you more successful, more fit...and the very first thing she talked about? Making sure that your spouse/partner comes first, followed by your family...

And so, today, I'm sitting here, ears wide open, heart ready to receive...and I say "Alright God, I will deliberately choose each day to put my relationship with BB at the top of the list."

I admit I'm not the most selfless person I know...in fact, I would, if I had to, put myself at the opposite extreme in fact - one of the most selfish people I know. Somehow, I just always assumed that how I was doing things was ok - people liked me, they wanted to be around me, to be a client, a friend, a whatever...

And then one morning I woke up, to find that many of the people I counted as "friend" were simply gone. BB and I have had some arguments (many of them loud) about how he sees my actions...

And again, it all comes back to perception, not intent. It doesn't matter if I'm truly being selfish or selfless...what matters is how people see my actions...

It's been a good last few weeks around here. Physically busy, with a smoking hot deal found on Black Friday (which I never engage in) that is allowing me to take care of myself. Mentally busy with preparing for the countdown to our trip to the In-Laws. Emotionally busy with the changes in our family - growing up and maturing, SIL's dad going into Hospice at the end stages of cancer, and being called Home Sunday evening and all that brings with it (the thought of losing my own parents is not one I like facing).

We leave in 10 days, for a 3-week trip. Our pet-sitter is all lined up, and our services are suspended. Gifts are purchased and wrapped. Christmas cards are waiting to be addressed, signed, sealed, stamped and sent.

Next up? Lists...endless lists for preparing our packing for our trip.

If I don't get back on here, I'm sorry...things elsewhere are just needing my attention...

No comments: