Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 13, 2011

It's the Hap-Hap-Happiest Season My Foot...

OY!

I am trying really hard to be stress-free this Christmas. But somehow, some way, I'm left with the ugly feeling of stress creeping up behind me...and it's not a little tiny bit over something minor...it's a whole truckload of it...

GAH!

SO, please allow me to vent just a smidge...

Over the last 4 weeks, I have initiated, scheduled, shopped, wrapped, baked, decorated, cleaned, laundered, ironed, dusted, vacuumed, photographed, addressed, stamped, sealed, clipped, stirred, sorted, organized, purged, packed...and then add in the whole "lather, rinse, repeat" idea...alone.

BB's company is releasing a new product and he's been insanely busy at work gearing up for, testing, debugging, answering, troubleshooting...oh, and then he's doing all his normal workload also. His manager's father is extremely ill, and so he was out of the office for 2 of the last 4 weeks. Upon getting to the office this morning, BB saw him packing up all his laptop and work stuff, white as a sheet...his manager's dad was rushed to the OR this morning for heart surgery. Pray that he'll get there to see him, and that his Dad will be ok!

Anyway...the kids are still ensconced in their normal routines of school, AWANA, dance, and the like...

Basically what it means is that I've pseudo-single-parented for the last month, and in the midst of it all did Christmas preparations, plus vacation preparations also.

I'm just tired - physically, mentally, emotionally...

And as much as I love BB and as great as the Scrabble-playing is, sometimes, I really am tired and really do have a headache...and just don't want to play as often as he does.

I have trouble sometimes getting excited about a game of Scrabble, and I know how important it is to our relationship, to BB as my husband...

Anyway, I digress...in the midst of it all, my Dad has a sinus infection, my brother is coming down with something, and all three kids woke up today, the day before we get on a plane to fly to Oregon with stuffed up noses, and barking coughs.

Please be praying for us as I embark on the last-minute insanity of final preparations and the last dash of house cleaning. Pray for me to be at peace, to know that I will get all the necessary things done. Pray for our health - that we will stay healthy for the duration of our trip. Pray for travel safety during out drive to the airport, the flight, the drive down from Portland to my in-laws. Pray for our hearts and attitudes to remain joyful and happy and loving while we're there. Pray for good, clear, warm-ish weather so we can get outside and run every day that we're there. Pray for my in-laws to be gentle and flexible with their lives as we totally disrupt their normal quiet and isolation. Pray for the kids to be sensitive to the needs of their grandparents and to be well-behaved and mellow.

Most of all, pray for me, that I can maintain my new lifestyle - physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental.

My in-laws are much different than my own parents, and, as you know, I really struggle with their attitudes about the negative effects of choices they've made through their lives. I also really struggle with the lack of any spriritual beliefs in their lives.

Pray that I can be the light they need to see, that their hearts would be receptive, and that somehow, through all these visits over the coming months and years, that something we do or say will be the thing they need to choose to come back...

And, pray that I will indeed have a Merry Christmas...

3 comments:

Inkling said...

Kork, I'm totally praying for you. How I wish you could just accidentally go way north across a border once you do reach Portland!

I know what you mean about the Scrabble playing. Been there, done that, and totally understand. :)

Penny said...

PRAYING FOR YOU!! and myself! LOL

FarmWife said...

Praying for peace that passes understanding! And the Merriest of Christmases despite your surroundings.