Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 04, 2011

31 Days...

Mrs. Ordinary has joined up with a group called "31 Days..." and has linked a FABULOUS site which contains links to many participants.

There are an overwhelming amount, but something that is sure to capture your interest.

While I'm not participating by writing posts this go 'round, I intend to check out some other bloggers and glean their knowledge and experience.

I'm going through some serious self-discovery, and thus far, I'm not so happy with what I'm discovering about my self. I'm a lot more selfish, and self-serving than I'd like to be...I'm also a lot less content, and a lot more prone to complain than to change. I'm working through undoing the bad stuff and, with God's help (cause I sure can't do it on my own!), recreate the good things that He has planned for who I am.

Please check out this link... http://www.thenester.com/2011/09/31-days-participants.html and see what you can find that will help your October and beyond be better.

I will restart my "Lighten the Load" series next Monday, the 10th. My next installment will be regarding Simplifying the Holiday Season. Please feel free to leave me questions or comments on the subject, especially as I'm totally a "Thanksgiving and Christmas" kind of girl with little or no interaction with folks of different religions that might celebrate Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Ramadan, Kwanzaa and any other Holidays that might be out there. PS - I do celebrate and recognize Advent. This year will be my first attempt at a home-made Advent calendar (which is currently in the making!) with the kiddos...I'm so excited I'm all giddy like I'm going on my first date.

Thanks for hanging in here with me!

And really, go check out some of those amazing other blogs!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I hope you'll post pictures and instructions on the home-made Advent calendar. It's sounds like a fun project I could do with my girls. Thanks!