Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 22, 2011

Eating Crow

After I went back and re-read my 3 previous posts, I decided that I need some internal work.

This comes along, hand in hand with the Bible Study in which I'm participating this fall.

We're covering a book called "Character Makeover" by Katie Brazleton. So far, the introduction and first chapter have convicted me to my core.

Suffice it to say that I have not been very content with my blessings (which are legion!), and have instead, allowed myself to fall into the cycle of finding fault where there really is none to find.

My profound apologies to all of you for being subjected to my whiny complaining or my arrogance!

That said - moving forward, I will indeed strive to check my motivation prior to posting anything. I know there'll be rough days, and things I need to vent, but I'll be making sure that I let you all know that I'm doing just that.

In the meantime, I'm picking up a new book, called "Professionalizing Motherhood" by Jill Savage (that used to work with her husband Mark at LCC, and attended LBCC - my brother used to babysit for their kids!).

It should be here on Wednesday, and I can hardly wait for it to arrive and start reading it.

Sometimes I just think that I need a little perspective from someone who has been there done that, to whom I'm not related...

And sometimes, I need more than just the Word to remind me of how I should be doing things...

Sigh.

No comments: