Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 11, 2011

The Mixed Blessing of a Rainy Day

Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere like the Pacific Northwest, where it rains much more frequently than it does here in Colorado. I'd like to be able to spend more time indoors, reading books, coloring and painting with the kids, playing play-doh and Legos, baking cookies, sewing, knitting, keeping up with things inside the house like those goofy details of baseboards, windows, and doorknobs needing cleaned...

I just feel as though in Spring, all my time suddenly gets sucked up by pulling weeds, trimming grasses, planting seeds and seedlings, mowing, edging, watering...and keeping the kids from trouble and injury out of doors.

So when I went to bed with the sound of thunder rumbling, and the distant flash of lightning, I was thrilled!

I was more excited when I woke up to the sound of rain drumming on our roof.

I've accomplished many things inside my house today that I've been putting aside because we've been out of doors so much working on the yard...

I am, however, chomping at the bit to get back and pull up more weeds and plants I don't want around my yard anymore...especially now that the ground is soft.

I always seem to want what I can't have...

No comments: