Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 21, 2011

Grace in Small Things 02-21-2011

What a day...sometimes, I feel like Dorothy, caught up in that fateful tornado, only I don't get to land in someplace like Oz...somehow, I think the Lollipop Guild and Lulla-bye League would be much more pleasurable than my house...made it tough to find, but here they are, in no particular order:

  1. A wonderful Chik-fil-A. I love our CFA. It's uber-clean, the staff rocks, the music is super at ours, and I totally adore the fact that I sat there for 3.5 hours today and only bought a cup of coffee. No hassle...whereas at the famous golden arches, I was told I either needed to purchase meals, or leave.
  2. A good friend who drove 20 miles to hang out with me so our kids could play and we could attempt to chat.
  3. My Dad who surprised me by picking up a 5lb box of Clementine oranges for my kiddos, along with a pound of Black Forest Ham from the grocery, because he noticed I was out when they were here yesterday.
  4. A container of Magic Cookie Bars from my Mom. Sigh...caramel, chocolate, coconut, walnuts, graham cracker crust...
  5. A cup of Fivebucks Chai that accompanied the above.
PS - the lack of appearance on these lists of my children or husband in no way indicates that I do not appreciate them. It just means that these simple little things far outweighed the ickiness of my day, which is often contributed to by my children and/or husband.

No comments: