Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 25, 2010

Proverbs 31: 11 & 12

First - thank you all that read and commented for sharing your thoughts on this! This is a tough one, and I know as I go through it, it's not going to be easier to swallow.

Inkling - I LOVE that book about being a Princess in the real world...I need to read it again!
Lauren - there are so many things about these verses that are tough...I hope that I'm up to the challenge and that we can encourage one another through this and in the days going forward!

OK -

"Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."

What does having full confidence mean to you?

To me, it means knowing I can trust them no matter what - they have my back, they are a person of integrity. It means knowing that I can turn to them and lean on them at any moment - they fill me up, they recharge me, they complement my weaknesses with their strengths.

"She brings him good not harm all the days of her life" - this means that my intent is to always put BB first. My intention behind my actions should never be selfish ones.

Let's think about this - as a SAHM, or a WAHM, we have the difficulty of balancing all those things that always need doing. We have dirty laundry, dirty dishes, and dirty homes each and every day. We focus on those tasks - buying the food to make the meals that we then have to put away and clean up after. Washing, drying and folding the clothing so we can wear it again. Wiping runny noses, changing diapers, reading stories, singing songs, playing games, saying "no, no!" over and over and over again...and as we do this day in and day out, our beloved husband goes off into the world to work his job to make the money to provide those things for us, providing not just the things we care for, but the very ability for us to stay home and take care of those things and raise our families.

BB gets to leave the house, enjoy fresh air, see other adults that he isn't related to, do something other than keep someone from getting into something they aren't supposed to, wiping their nose or their bottom, feeding them, cleaning up after them...he has 8 - 10 hours 5 days a week where his primary focus is on something other than this house and our children.

My focus, however, is constantly on all the things I see that remain to be done, or need doing again. My focus is on making sure children are not doing/eating/acting/saying what they shouldn't. It is very difficult not to get caught up in the fact that these things will need my attention today, and tomorrow, and every day thereafter.

My focus needs needs to not be on the here and now...but on what I'm working toward, and realizing that the things are not important.

When was the last time you did something for your husband just because. Not because you "need a break" from being a mom/wife (insert job of choice here)...not because you spent a little extra on something for you at the store...not because you want to go out with the girls on Friday night and want him to stay home with the kids and take care of them...but just because?

If you can't remember the last time you did something for him with pure motives of doing it just because...of following through on something you said you'd do...make a conscious effort tomorrow to do so.

As I'm doing this, I'm reading the Love Dare again...or you can look online for the "30 Day Challenge for Wives" ...I think it's something like Proverbs31woman.com but don't quote me on that...it follows the same principle of truly loving someone.

This was rambly, and I had trouble harnessing my thoughts on this one...thanks for sticking with me to the end on this one...I think the rest of the verses will go better!

PS - we're travelling for a long weekend, so the next part will be next week.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I love spoiling my husband. I love doing things for him that are totally unexpected. Like I bought him tickets for him and a friend to attend the semi-final games of the Big Ten men's college basketball tournament just this past March. He was so excited because he loves college basketball. I do things for him because I never want him to feel like I am taking advantage of him. He does things for me so often..like he does all the bathroom cleaning..and he is amazing at it!! since we both work full time outside the home, we always clean house together..he does the bathrooms and kitchen, I do the bedrooms and living room. He makes me coffee every morning before he leaves for work..and I make his lunch every evening for the next day..I think it is very important that husbands and wives do things for each other just because..it is is more important when you still have kids at home to deal with..you can get caught up in all that and forget about being a couple.