Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 08, 2009

Forget Winter Wonderland, We're walking in the Arctic Circle Here...

That's right...another day in a row of sub-freezing temperatures.

We have had a total of almost 30 inches of snow since our first storm, which garnered 12 in one blow, in October.

Our newest has totaled 3, and we're slated for another 5 - 10 from this go around.

I'm thrilled, because I want my kids to have memories of snowy winters, playing and sledding, having snowball fights...and, most of all, snowy white Christmases.

In the meantime, I'm sitting here surfing the great interwebs, and procrastinating a sink full of tupperware full of leftovers that are past my comfort zone and breakfast dishes. I also have a dryer full of clothes, a washer full of towels and at least 2 more loads of laundry to go. In addition to that, I'm also putting off the picking up and putting away of all things "not belonging" in each of the rooms of my house, followed by "dust the house", "clean the floors" and "scrub the bathrooms".

I have this insane obsession with not leaving on vacation with a messy or dirty house, any dirty laundry, let alone coming home to sheets that have been slept in more than once before we left the house, and using towels that were dirty before we left. Ick.

Not to mention the fact that I don't want our house sitters to have to deal with dust bunnies the size of cats, smelly litter boxes, and dirty dog dishes.

I know, I'm crazy right? Too bad...at least you don't have to live with me.

I'm thankful for the arctic temperatures right now, because it is actually below 0 (that's right folks, we're talking temperatures with a "-" in front of them!) with the wind chill...because I don't want to even go into the garage! So I am forced to deal with the clutter, dust bunnies, and dirty dishes in a timely manner.

Besides...all this activity now will make me that much more svelte for my appointment on Thursday...which brings me to a prayer request...at this appointment I get my oh so yummy bottle of sugar syrup for my "easy" glucose test...both pregnancies before didn't end up with the icky long one, so please be praying for this go, that things will show good results...I'm especially worried about this one as a result of my doctor telling me last spring to lose weight or else...

Any way...the kids' movie is over, so back to the grind!

No comments: