Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 10, 2009

Say It Ain't So!

Well...BB and I made a decision that was sort of a splurge with our birthday money...we bought a new computer. It wasn't anything too fancy, enough to do that which we need it to, but with enough extra storage for things that we should, in theory, be good for another 8 years minimum. This one is much more upgradeable than our previous computer, so I'm praying it'll be much easier to make usable as we go along.

Now that it's done, I feel alright with the decision. It's been wonderful thus far.

However...this morning, BB opened the fridge, and got out his breakfast things, sat down to eat, and was enjoying his food, when I got out things for his lunch, and noticed that items didn't feel quite as cold as they normally do...

I adjusted the temperature control, and so far things seem alright...however...(deep breath) I think we'll be purchasing a new one in the coming days...

The current fridge is 12 years old. BB bought it when he bought his first house, before we'd even met...so it is entirely possible that it is indeed dying.

I am just not looking forward to trying to find a unit that will give us what we want. We don't want a water dispenser or ice dispenser. We want a 3-door with an ice-maker and the largest capacity. If you haven't shopped for large appliances lately...this is nearly impossible to find...for some reason, marketing people assume that you MUST HAVE a door dispenser for water and ice. How can you live without one?!!?!?!?

I feel as though I'm trapped in Madame Blueberry listening to the Stuff Mart guys telling her that she needs things...and then, when she realizes that she doesn't need them, she should still by them because she wants them...

It stinks...

And now, I must begin looking for deals and specials on a fridge that meets our needs, and nothing more.

We were trying SO HARD to not buy anything else new until the end of 2010...we don't need much for the new baby - maybe some new onesies, and a special outfit or 2 for pictures, we don't need anything new for either of us, as we're not growing, and Capt and DG can make do with things from consignment sales and second-hand stores, or hand-me-downs from friends and neighbors. They are growing so quickly it makes no sense to buy brand new expensive things for them.

Plus, if this is another girl, I'm figuring out a way to get boxes upon boxes of clothes, shoes, hats, and the like to Inkling for her Grasshopper. But SHHHHHH...don't tell her!

OK, that was a bad joke, since I know she reads this blog...but still...it'll be a surprise in March, because she'll have forgotten all about it.

I need to stop watching A Baby Story and anything like it, because so far this week, all the stories have been scary and had frightening things...I know better.

sigh...

Alright, off to shop for refigerators...

No comments: