Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 17, 2009

Time Keeps on Slipping...

And now that you have the refrain of that song resounding in your head...I'll just say, in my best Nelson impression "Ha ha!"

And now, to the point...

Tiny Princess and I dropped Captain Chaos off at school this morning, and went to Tar-jay for some shopping adventures...normally, the items I needed to pick up, would have required about 90 minutes with both kids, because about 45 of it would have been spent telling them to stop touching things, put things back of the shelf, stop kicking each other, and to not steal each others' cookies. I picked up my items, stuck to my list, and was out of the store at 9:20. I filled up my gas tank, went through the car wash, and came home to put my cold things away. It was 9:45. I decided that I needed to go to Sprawl-mart for a few things that were actually sold out at Tar-jay and we headed there. I actually walked the entire store, all 800 million aisles and miles of concrete and fluorescent lighting. We picked up the things we needed and several that we didn't (but how can you resist a heavy-duty plastic case with latches and handle full of hair accessories for only $3??), and managed to waste an entire hour there. We headed over to the school to pick up Captain Chaos and still had 20 minutes to spare...sooooo...we wandered through the bookstore, sans wallet to avoid temptation, visited the ladies' room for a clean diaper for the Princess and spent 5 minutes playing in the drinking fountain.

We picked up Captain Chaos, got our key cards for the door to the school/daycare hallway, loaded up and decided to visit the Golden Arches for lunch. We came home, had a carpet picnic with our cheeseburgers (for all of $4.28 after tax) and milk. The kids are comfortably ensconced watching the end of Dragon Tales on PBS, and then it's off to naptime.

Mommy might even join in the fun of siesta time today...

I absolutely cannot do this again the next time Captain is in school and I don't have any other commitments...I should have come home and cleaned my house while Tiny Princess slept...

Oh well...it's not often I get Mommy/Daughter time so I'm glad we had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no regrets. you had fun and ran the necessary errands.