Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 25, 2009

Random Things

Today is a weird day for me. I have oodles of motivation to do things...I just can't do them on my own...physically, I mean. I do not have the strength to do some of the things that need doing...and BB has worked 11 hour days for the last 3 days, with the promise of another 11 hours today...Captain Chaos and I played outside after I assembled my new deck box (nifty, if a bit pricey for molded plastic, but what can you do?) and stored those chair cushions that are dry inside, in case the rain forecast comes to fruition. I have piles of toys, a heaped laundry basket of clothes that are clean and folded, a dryer-full ready to be folded and put away, a washer full of clean diapers, ready to be dried, and sheets to be changed, bathrooms to be scrubbed, floors to be mopped, and all I can think of is the pile of lumber in my garage that needs to be carried downstairs to my basement. I can do that, but first I must move some items out of the way so that said lumber can be placed in that location. Once that is done, I have other items that need to be carried downstairs, and then I need to unload our camping gear and take inventory, noting what we have, what we'd like, what we need...after that, I must begin the tedious but necessary process of sorting through what currently seems like an endless stream of boxes of items for our garage sale later this summer.

I have a guest room that is currently in need of a good cleaning, and a fresh coat of paint. We have houseguests coming at the end of July, and I have much to be done to provide a place for them to be at home while they visit.

I have a closet that needs cleaning, books that need updating, and oh, by the way, a 3-year-old boy to finish potty training...which seems as though it is taking forever...I am not complaining...I know it is not something that will happen overnight for us...but seriously...it feels as though that is all we've been doing for the last 18 months...longer actually, as we started working toward this before Tiny Princess was even born!

Is it wrong to be thinking about spending a couple hundred of our hard-earned dollars to have a professional service come in and clean my house for me in order that I might be better able to focus on the list above?

I am enrolling the kids in a summer "Moms' Day Out" sort of thing at Church this year...where else can I get babysitting for such a good deal for several hours once a week? I can drop the kids off, come home, blast through my housework and some chores, and then, when they nap that afternoon, it will give me another couple of hours to get even more done! It will also help me to get in the routing of having to be up and out the door early on that day, which is when Captain Chaos will be attending pre-school (gasp! can it really be???), which, in turn, will gear us up for after the Holidays, when he'll be attending two days a week.

It doesn't seem possible to me that we're at this point of getting Capt ready for school, and I realized the other day that I have to make a serious decision about home-schooling or not...before Christmas, so we can either enroll him in another year of preschool, and Tiny Princess in her first, or switch over to homeschooling. If we don't homeschool, we'll be looking at enrolling in one of the 2 Christian schools, and if we can't afford that, or get a scholarship, we'll be enrolling in a Charter School...because I will not send him to the public schools...I have issues with a school telling parents that their children will be taught in a language other than English until 3rd grade...and then hearing them complain that test scores are lower than they should be, and why are out children...and on and on it goes...but that's a post for another time...

No comments: