Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 18, 2009

The Heat is On

Well...the forecast for today is 90 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter!

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time...Captain Chaos is really antsy to play outside on his slide and in the sandbox...but when the sun hits our deck full-on, it gets to be about 10 - 15 degrees hotter than the air temperature actually is...making it impossible to walk across the deck shoeless, and scorching doesn't really begin to describe the feeling...you can actually see the shimmering heat waves off the surface...the yard isn't so bad, but BB won't let me move the toys to the grass because he doesn't want them to kill the grass...I'm thinking that I empty the pool and move it every 3 to 4 days because of the stuff that collects in it, so would the grass really die out?

At any rate...Captain was up and in our room at 7, and dressed, fed and ready to play before 8am...so I let him go out and slide and dig, and run around in the sprinkler-drenched grass...he is currently stuffed between my leg and the arm of BB's chair, leaning on my arm, making it difficult to type, and cutting off circulation...good times.

He is also wearing training pants, and we are having some luck with the potty training so far today.

My garden is planted, and I'm watering it 3 times a day in addition to the sprinklers running daily.

We are praying for a bountiful harvest throughout the summer, and to be preserved in the fall...last year, we saved over $400 on grocery bills, after the cost of supplies to get our garden growing. That doesn't even factor in the cost of fuel and impulse buys, or the time it would take me to load up the kids and seek and select my produce. And don't even get me started on the fact that I know that all our food is organic, no pesticides, no chemicals, no nothing but love and sunshine and water! Oh! And none of it is overripe, none of it goes bad before we eat or put it up for future consumption, and none of it gets bruised from the garden to my counter!

Ahhhh...summertime...can't wait to sit out in the sunshine and bake, soaking up the warmth and vitamins...all that would be needed to complete the perfection is the sound of waves and a cabana boy bringing me something fruity and frozen to sip while I cook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the heat. you can have it!!