Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 08, 2009

The Morning After

I just finished working out to my new Yoga Booty Ballet DVD...can I just say that these ladies were totally amazing when they came up with these workouts? This program is crazy!

It is fun, it is relaxing, you totally feel like you're just dancing around, and then you do yoga, and you throw in the grace of ballet moves...and holy. Freaking. Cow. When you're done, the morning after? OY! Muscles that I don't think have gotten worked since the early days of dating BB when we'd meet our trainers at the gym every night after work have been picked up out of their slumber, the cobwebs rudely dumped off, and worked with a capital W!

PHEW! BUT...I feel great! I don't see the results yet, but I've only done the program for a couple workouts...I can only imagine what I'll be seeing in a couple weeks...I already can tell my legs are tighter, just from the muscles getting totally worked over...I have that great "ache" that you get from a good, healthy working out.

And the best part? All the DVDs can be played on my laptop! SO...there's NO REASON IN THE WORLD why I can't do these daily...no more excuses that BB is watching TV while he works on Friday, or that the kids were watching something and I can't leave them alone...I can totally set up my laptop on the dining room table, move the chairs, and do the workout from the living room, while they are playing or watching something in the other room...I can take it upstairs with me, so I can work out while they nap, then get cleaned right up, and be ready to do dinner!

Before, I was feeling sort of locked into having to get up at like 5 in the morning so I could fit in a workout, eat breakfast and then still have time to shower and the like prior to the kids waking up and totally sucking my time. (not that they really suck my time, but it's hard to jump into the shower with a toddler and a preschooler running around the house. Maybe next summer that'll be more doable...)

I'm excited about some of the recipes for smoothies and omelettes that are in the "jump start" program included...

All I have to say is, if you haven't checked out Beachbody, I highly recommend it! They have everything for every level, gear, workouts, supplements, support for free...a calendar that you can fill in so you can set up your workout routines, that will remind you to do your workout...PLUS, they do special giveaways, where you can win digital cameras, free DVDs, supplements, gear...just for logging in and posting your workout!

I know there are a ton of other places that do the same, but their customer service is incredible! I bought a program some time ago, and the DVD didn't work...I called them, and it didn't matter that I'd purchased the DVDs like 3 years ago, they worked with me to get me a new one without any charge to me!

I stumbled across them one day right before Captain Chaos was born, watching one of those "the following is a paid advertisement for..." things, and was captivated by the fact that the people in the videos are NOT fitness models! They were real people doing these exercises...and they showed one lady that had lost like 200 pounds in 3 years following the workouts and diet plan. She talked about how they were able to work with her to fit the plan to her physical capabilities, and that after the first 6 months she knew what it meant to be satisfied with healthy food in real quantities...

I also like, that much like Weight Watchers, they teach you how to measure a serving...what does "4 ounces" of meat really equal? It is real food, not some pre-packaged program that may or may not keep the weight off when you stop eating it...normal things like strawberries, yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, salad...steak...rice...

Now, I realize that for some people, programs like NS and JC will work...but I've seen a whole lot of people that have done the program, reached their goal weights, and stopped using the program, and gone right back up the scale...

I know I'm not in their house watching what they really are eating, or how much they are eating and how much they are doing for activity...but don't you think that having a group of folks that are degreed in nutrition, sports medicine, kinesiology and the like designing programs and giving you a grocery list and telling you exactly how much you need to use to get your proper caloric intake to be healthy, lose weight sensibly, and get FIT is better than a box of food that you add water or milk, or cheese to?

Eh...just my two cents worth, and hoping I don't offend anyone for whom those programs have worked.

I just know that sometimes, I have to be on my soapbox, and this is one of them!

No comments: